5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

16 hours ago, dReAmWiELdEr said:

I get your point... I apologize if it appeared that I do not respect your point of view, and would never want to dissuade anyone from being able to share theirs.

You're awesome buddy, and I respect you too... I promise it's nothing personal... and I hope it came across that none of what I said was serious or meant to imply that those were your demands or what have you... I was just trying to prove my point by sort of flipping the conversation.  Thanks for understanding, and Cheers!

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, markhollin said:

The Post has learned that it will, indeed,  be an Apple Store at the corner of 5th & Broadway.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/article/21072883/apple-store-to-take-prime-fifth-broadway-space

This is an image of what some of their other locations look like:

Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 8.16.22 AM.png

I'm not an Apple person and will probably never darken this store's doorways.  But I am VERY glad that they're opening a flagship store in such a prominent downtown location directly across the street from Bridgestone.  I think this elevates downtown Nashville to a new level and should go far in attracting additional higher-end retailers to downtown.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DDIG said:

I’m theorizing the overall Apple Music brand played a big part. Be in the middle of CMA Fest, across the street from all the concerts at Bridgestone and Ryman. The marketing exposure having your logo there probably just as valuable to them as the store sales.

As much as I hate to admit it, I hadn’t even thought about that. You have a great theory there, my friend. Apple Music is set for quite the revamping as well, so this is the perfect coincidental flagship opening.

Unlike several posters I’ve seen, I’m quite the Apple lover myself, and it’s great to see us getting a flagship! I also must say; this Downtown location, although not a place I myself will likely end up at anytime soon, could very well be crucial to bringing more upscale companies into the urban core, as opposed to the outskirts or Williamson County. Apple is certainly influential like that...

• Like 4

The Post has learned that it will, indeed,  be an Apple Store at the corner of 5th & Broadway.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/article/21072883/apple-store-to-take-prime-fifth-broadway-space

This is an image of what some of their other locations look like:

1100264522_ScreenShot2019-06-14at8_16_22AM.png.e8ee1552c95f1478acbd37233112cd2e.png

Did they quote me? My family would be so proud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/13/2019 at 9:30 PM, Jamie Hall said:

I should note that my complaint wasn't that Apple was too high-end for that area -- and yes, maybe this will be the start of more retail destinations from that part of Broadway west toward Nashville Yards and the Gulch, while the bars can have Lower Broadway.

My concern/wish is that the prime 5th + Main corner spot be something with more universal appeal -- less than half of all smartphone users use Apple products. So it could be argued that half of all people who pass an Apple store have no reason to utilize the location. Apple, in my mind, is a specialty retailer.

Having said that, I have no doubt that the Apple store will be flashy and a very, very popular place for Apple fans. The rest of us will just sit back and wait for future retail to follow Apple's lead.

Half is pretty darn good.  How many people own H&M clothing?

On 6/14/2019 at 6:52 PM, e-dub said:

I'm guessing @FromParkAveToTN's phone must be messed up, I haven't seen him post in a while. Here's to hoping you get your phone fixed before the Apple Store opens!

Are you sure it's a him?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, NashvilleObserver said:

I have been thinking of the idea of the giant apple logo, cornerpiece of a shiny new downtown development, staring down the Honky Tonks of Broadway. I love the juxtaposition. A flagship Apple store across the street from a one-story honky tonk with a mural of all the country greats on the side. This will be the line of demarkation between the touristy "cowboy boots" part of Nashville, and the metropolitan city that is growing up around us. 

I concur wholeheartedly. This will also quite literally be an "only in Nashville" type of setup for Apple.

As a Nashville native that has been somewhat critical of the heavy-handed focus towards country music tourism downtown as of late, this seems like a natural step towards the true maturation of downtown Nashville. It will also sit across from the arena which is also a modern structure that creates its own juxtaposition from Lower Broadway.  So, I give little credence to any arguments that this Apple store won't "fit in."

Edited by ariesjow
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Craiger said:

The design of this store could be really interesting. The permit indicates a “useable roof” so I’m really interested to see what apple does with that. My guess based on recent designs is a very park like vibe on the roof with big potted trees. 

I’m really excited about Apple going in next to the national museum of African American music As well. You can bet Apple will put some money toward the museum they share a wall with. That’s great news for the museum. 

I was watching the local news last night and was surprised to learn that the Nashville Convention Center has a massive green roof with various plants growing there and they even have bee hives.  All of this serves a useful purpose in helping to control the inside temperature of the building and it's such a cool thing to do.  I would also love to see something similar on a smaller scale in the roof you've described.  I'm also hoping that this concept catches on in other parts of city centers to give people a break from the asphalt, concrete and glass that we're usually surrounded with.  It will be interesting to see how this turns out!

27 minutes ago, MontanaGuy said:

I was watching the local news last night and was surprised to learn that the Nashville Convention Center has a massive green roof with various plants growing there and they even have bee hives.  All of this serves a useful purpose in helping to control the inside temperature of the building and it's such a cool thing to do.  I would also love to see something similar on a smaller scale in the roof you've described.  I'm also hoping that this concept catches on in other parts of city centers to give people a break from the asphalt, concrete and glass that we're usually surrounded with.  It will be interesting to see how this turns out!

The fact they spent so much money already tearing down new construction...and have taken so long to publicly show any renders...I'm hopeful they're pulling out all the stops to create something truly iconic for that corner.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, UTgrad09 said:

It will be a silent rooftop bar where sophisticated Apple users will sip on Appletinis while listening to esoteric music through their AirPods while literally looking down on everyone.

Maybe the bar could be called "Genius"

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, UTgrad09 said:

It will be a silent rooftop bar where sophisticated Apple users will sip on Appletinis while listening to esoteric music through their AirPods while literally looking down on everyone.

This would basically be like Bonnaroo's Silent Disco with the added bonus of being able to eavesdrop on people down below with the Live Listen feature of the AirPods. I would kind of be here for it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2