5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

7 hours ago, titanhog said:

^^Whoever designed these to not fit together perfectly as part of the design really messed up.  Really bad looking.

Got a solution.  Place huge digital screens on all sides of the garage to cover the misfitting panels.   Cooper has a coniption fit and has to be replaced by Shulman who loves digital screens.  Problem solved.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Native said:

Got a solution.  Place huge digital screens on all sides of the garage to cover the misfitting panels.   Cooper has a coniption fit and has to be replaced by Shulman who loves digital screens.  Problem solved.

Yeah...when this building's renders were first shown...that was my thought.  Huge digital screens would look awesome.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, titanhog said:

^^Whoever designed these to not fit together perfectly as part of the design really messed up.  Really bad looking.

It seems like if the panels simply fit without the holes it would look exponentially better.

• Like 2

Alliance Bernstein's move into the 5th & Broadway office tower has been moved back due to the Covid-19 pandemic. It looks now like it will be March or April of 2021 when they open in the top 7 floors of the building.  They are still planning on hiring an additional 200 people above the 1,050 originally announced, but this will be a bit slower as well due to HR teams having to work remotely during this time. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/finance/article/21137999/pandemic-pushes-back-ab-hq-move

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Alliance Bernstein's move into the 5th & Broadway office tower has been moved back due to the Covid-19 pandemic. It looks now like it will be March or April of 2021 when they open in the top 7 floors of the building.  They are still planning on hiring an additional 200 people above the 1,050 originally announced, but this will be a bit slower as well due to HR teams having to work remotely during this time. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/finance/article/21137999/pandemic-pushes-back-ab-hq-move

Speaking to an employee this weekend, they are hearing it may actually be May 2021 for move in.

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, DDIG said:

Seems to me like there will be a banner or LED board or something facing the Renaissance right? White part appears to have some sort of hooks sticking out for an installation? Or am I looking at it wrong?

I hope you're correct.  I was thinking maybe it was some ventilation holes...but I think you're right...those are some kind of hooks.  Fingers crossed!

I believe I'm in the minority here, but the offset shapes of the different colored screens are growing on me. The way the light and shadow play on them offer an interesting effect in the daytime, and I imagine as the garage is lit up at night with its permanent lighting, I think it could glow or be translucent at night from afar, yet not look like stacks of cars up close. I'm cautiously optimistic.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Mike G said:

I believe I'm in the minority here, but the offset shapes of the different colored screens are growing on me. The way the light and shadow play on them offer an interesting effect in the daytime, and I imagine as the garage is lit up at night with its permanent lighting, I think it could glow or be translucent at night from afar, yet not look like stacks of cars up close. I'm cautiously optimistic.

The only issue with them is the exhausts hole overlaps that look bad up close.  The overall look is pretty cool...other than those.

4 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Looks like the accordion panels wrapping the garage have been fixed. No? 

The small gaps are still there because (inexplicably) the different colors had different shapes.  But downtownresident is right, they do look better from a distance.   Our group is probably the only demographic that cares about it.

• Like 3