Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

They definitely excavated for underground parking for this building, although the first level of the building is still parking I believe. I've walked by this building many times throughout its construction and the hole they dug was pretty big.

For the 1812 building?  Why does the picture look like it is on a pedestal?  The building near Centennial Park also has the same effect going on.  I know they did excavate for u/g parking for Artisan.  

Edited by MLBrumby

For the 1812 building?  Why does the picture look like it is on a pedestal?  The building near Centennial Park also has the same effect going on.  I know they did excavate for u/g parking for Artisan.  

There are mutliple levels of parking. Not all are below ground. This is a small lot and it is very expensive to blast another 12-14 feet for a garage.

• Like 1

You all are absolutely correct about Note16. I was not living in the neighborhood at the time it was planned, but I moved into he neighborhood at the height of construction. I initially was excited because of the additional pedestrians and people it would bring in, but after it was done it became apparent that it didn't address the street at all, and in many ways appears cheaply made. At the time, this was the first residential construction after the Great Recession, and maybe people were more in the mindset of "beggars can't be choosers." Now, however, we have residential building popping up everywhere, so we can hopefully begin to exert a little more pressure on design guidelines, retail, pedestrian amenities, etc.

• Like 1

Sorry all.  There is so much development in the West End area I cannot remember what this was... but can someone remind me what's going in right next to the Beaman Automotive service building?  Just to the West.  (Took the GM in for yet another recall fix) Looks like ground is breaking and digging is going on.  Graci.

Mark Bloom's group is close to finishing deal for 2 acres just 2 blocks north of West End Summit site.  Plans call for apartments and/or mixed use development.  They are buying because they think the WES sight is eventually going to manifest itself into something big and they want to have action close to it.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2014/12/05/corner-partnership-puts-midtown-site-contract/19973495/

Mark Bloom's group is close to finishing deal for 2 acres just 2 blocks north of West End Summit site.  Plans call for apartments and/or mixed use development.  They are buying because they think the WES sight is eventually going to manifest itself into something big and they want to have action close to it.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2014/12/05/corner-partnership-puts-midtown-site-contract/19973495/

It will be interesting to see what happens in that area.  I was looking at it on Google Earth and it looks pretty run down at the moment.  Anything would be an improvement.  I get the feeling that maybe something might finally happen with West End Summit.  2015 is going to be an exciting year :-)

• Like 2

That reminds me, can someone refresh my memory on what is going in next to Cook Out at the old gas station site?  IIRC it was something unspectacular.  I drive by the site all the time.

We have heard it is going to be a bank. Cooke & Grace owns it and they are a little difficult in getting information.

That reminds me, can someone refresh my memory on what is going in next to Cook Out at the old gas station site?  IIRC it was something unspectacular.  I drive by the site all the time.

I'm not particularly optimistic with the grass that they planted and is now growing on that lot. Seems like they wouldn't have gone through the trouble if they were planning to take action on it right away.

I don't particularly see how West End Summit has that much benefit to their lot.  If I am not mistaken, their lot is on the other side of Church Street from WES, and 16th Ave N doesn't even go directly across Church.  I think that their land is much more akin to the 1700 Midtown project or something like that, which could provide some quality infill, but it would seem to me that based on the lay of the land that their project is practically cut off from the WES site by the Church Street corridor.  Also, 16th and McMillen Streets are quite narrow streets.  Their project could do a lot to help fill in the area between Church and Charlotte, though.

Edited by bwithers1

I was waiting for someone to catch this, but the NBJ has it now. Permit pulled for the French Landing brewery.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2014/12/construction-permit-pulled-for-midtown-brewery.html

I don't have the blog handy, but they do have a blog with a crude rendering?

You can just do a search for French Landing Brewery.

I was waiting for someone to catch this, but the NBJ has it now. Permit pulled for the French Landing brewery.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2014/12/construction-permit-pulled-for-midtown-brewery.html

I don't have the blog handy, but they do have a blog with a crude rendering?

You can just do a search for French Landing Brewery.

I assumed this had gone away.     I recall we had seen a napkin drawing of the remodel a while back.    That's on here somewhere.