Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

Great find!! I love the ground level on both the tower and the parking garage..

I'm not so sure I yet believe the amount of retail depicted in the rendering will actually become a reality. I sure hope so, but the reality is that we often see this in initial renderings. A drawing will have a building wrapped in retail to make it more aesthetically pleasing, but when the construction drawings come out, we find that only 10-20% of the street frontage actually includes retail.

I'm not trying to be a pessimist, just being a realist from some past heartbreaks.

But, I'll keep the faith that this drawing is at least 50% accurate.

• Like 1

meh. I'm never going to be happy with tearing down going businesses and historic properties to build more generic towers when there are still so many completely vacant properties in CBD and Midtown.

+10000! I have been saying this for years and people tell me I am crazy, or being pessimistic and unreasonable!!! There are 100's of surface lots in Midtown, Downtown, and the CBD that can support these buildings. There is no reason to tear down anything historic. Look at the Alex Palmer debacle. The beautiful Corinthian Lodge which could have been converted to a restaurant, bar, studio etc is now part of a hole that has been there since 2007.

Albeit the development will be good in the long run, what we are losing in our historic built fabric will be lost forever and tearing it down is tantamount to destroying our history and culture.

It's shameful.

Edited by Urban Architecture
  • Like 2

I'm not sure exactly what is historic upon that ground that Skyhouse is being built.  Can you guys refresh my memory on that?

I know there are some cool old houses in that stretch...but I didn't know they were historic.  Nor did I think Substop's building was historic.

Now...if you're talking the antebellum home that was destroyed to build Virgin Hotel...I agree with you guys.

I'm not sure exactly what is historic upon that ground that Skyhouse is being built.  Can you guys refresh my memory on that?

I know there are some cool old houses in that stretch...but I didn't know they were historic.  Nor did I think Substop's building was historic.

Now...if you're talking the antebellum home that was destroyed to build Virgin Hotel...I agree with you guys.

Referring more to the Virgin site, although the entire area were homes like the one you mentioned. 

I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I stumbled across this on bizjournal and was wondering if anyone had any more info on it? The article is about a month old and doesn't specify a brand or developer outside possibly Regent out of Atlanta. Says it would be 25 stories on Broadway right behind Palmer Plaza.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/real-estate/2014/10/another-jolt-for-midtown-nashville-residential.html

Edit: NM, it was briefly mentioned in this thread but was quickly eclipsed by the "Aertson" name drop. Apparently metro approved the zoning for it, anyone in the know got any more info? Skyhouse is 25 stories and apparently 289 ft with detached garage. At 25 stories with garage underneath, as the article suggests, this could have some pretty significant height for this part of town, no? 

Edited by NikOnder

I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I stumbled across this on bizjournal and was wondering if anyone had any more info on it? The article is about a month old and doesn't specify a brand or developer outside possibly Regent out of Atlanta. Says it would be 25 stories on Broadway right behind Palmer Plaza.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/real-estate/2014/10/another-jolt-for-midtown-nashville-residential.html

Edit: NM, it was briefly mentioned in this thread but was quickly eclipsed by the "Aertson" name drop. Apparently metro approved the zoning for it, anyone in the know got any more info? Skyhouse is 25 stories and apparently 289 ft with detached garage. At 25 stories with garage underneath, as the article suggests, this could have some pretty significant height for this part of town, no? 

This is the one that would require demolition of the 1880's brick home that currently sits on that location. I think someone mentioned that attempts were being made by a group to crowdsource revenue to save and move the structure to somewhere near Belmont, though I might be crazy. Also, I think someone(perhaps WW or smeagolsfree?) indicated that this proposal was quite a ways away from a realistic start date. Again, so much is happening that I might be confusing proposals.

This is at the location of Rudy Law firm @ 19th and Broadway. Not right on the corner, but next to Hattie B's. This one is a ways out and unless we prying few had not noticed it, it would not have made the news at all. We catch stuff that is sometimes two or three years out and with some developers 15. Not to mention any names.

• Like 2

So much activity lately! I had completely forgotten about 1818 Church, I hope they are still going with the last rendering, that was a sharp looking building. It's amazing how much can change in a few months, the last thing I read about this project on bizjournal was in May and basically said it wasn't going to happen this year... 

Demo taking place at the location for Tony's 1818 Church.

Work seems to have started on the Hill Project on Charlotte

Lot fenced off where the Stonehenge project will be at 46th & Charlotte.

Saw some equipment on the Virgin Hotel site today. I don't know how long its been there, but if they doing some boring, then I would think they are still early in the design phase.