Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

Demand for rental units is peaking. In a hot market, you're going to have a mix of high end developers delivering quality product and carpet bagger "developers" throwing up cheap crap trying to flip it quickly. The renters will be there for both types. So, how do we limit the latter? I'd really like to know what you guys think because we're getting a lot of the crapola.

Two words:  Design.  Guidelines.

• Like 1

I knew about this one and forgot to put it on the project list. I knew it was on the back and not seeing it just made me forget it.

There is also a tower crane up somewhere in the Western edge that looked to be around St. Thomas. I drove by and could not find it, but can see it from I-40. If anyone knows where it is, let me know.

Church street getting Micro Brewry. I had this on my radar and knew something  was up here. Location is 1612 Church, right next to Midtown Wine and Spirits. This section of Church needs a shot in the arm as there are several vacant buildings lining this section, including the Jim Reed building, Chappys building and the Chris Moore building.

On a related note, that being Church street, the market on the corner of 19th and Church is now closed and the car rental facility is moving across the street, all to make way for the 1818 residential building.

From Gethan at the Tennessean.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2014/04/30/beer-entrepreneur-leaves-academia-start-microbrewery/8524297/

Another apartment  building planned on 18th.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2014/05/08/apartment-project-planned-music-row-area/8843455/

Addresses 911 and 913 18th Ave. S. and will be four stories.

I was a little worried about that address -- there are some lovely homes around 18th and Grand.

The part to the north of Grand (where this actually is), is a patchwork of ugliness. The house they intend to raze is kind of cool, but I can't say it will be a big loss. 

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.147795,-86.79489,3a,90y,269h,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sfwqUYL4nCvgHrAllpMY7qQ!2e0