Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

I'm sure they'll have to add windows on those walls (or have windowless rooms). This building might be a funky-looking thing if it were given a new glass façade. I'm trying to figure out branding. Maybe Hotel Indigo or Clarion since those are the current relationships Patel has?

18 hours ago, bhibbs said:

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2016/11/08/dollar-general-announces-new-concept-flagship-en.html

This is a VERY cool use of the former TGI Fridays space.
Lets get one in the Gulch next

Eh... The inside reminds me of a Pilot filling station without the gas pumps. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rockatansky said:

Looks more like a convenience store to me.

Correct.  It's a new store concept from Dollar General.    From the article: 

"The concept, which appears to follow a convenience store model, is meant "to serve busy, metropolitan shoppers" with soda fountains, coffee stations and grab-and-go sandwiches, according to a Tuesday news release."

11 hours ago, Nashtitans said:

It gets more people walking and out and about, I'll take it

I hope it does, because I like the concept -- but the whole idea of a convenience store is to offer quick in-and-out service, and that location lacks convenient parking. But maybe there's more foot traffic around that intersection than I realized.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jamie Hall said:

I hope it does, because I like the concept -- but the whole idea of a convenience store is to offer quick in-and-out service, and that location lacks convenient parking. But maybe there's more foot traffic around that intersection than I realized.

On street view where its located, that area looks pretty dense

On 11/9/2016 at 10:49 PM, Jamie Hall said:

There is quite a bit of pedestrian traffic throughout the day. Would estimate 500 peds in the midday peak hour.

That development also has free structured parking underneath the building and on-street parking on West End. But you're right, not sure if that qualifies as convenient.

2 hours ago, PruneTracy said:

That development also has free structured parking underneath the building...

I had no idea. I've lived here for eight years and driven by that location countless times and still didn't know this existed...

Maybe that's part of the problem with this location?

Edited by Vrtigo

29 minutes ago, Vrtigo said:

I had no idea. I've lived here for eight years and driven by that location countless times and still didn't know this existed...

It's fairly difficult to access. There are two entrances, on West End and the alley on 21st, but neither are marked nor is it immediately apparent that they lead to parking. There is a tiny sign on the West End entrance for the Bank of Nashville. Five Guys had the wherewithal to indicate it on their sign but it's still not clear where the parking actually is (sign points into Five Guys' front door) and, for westbound traffic on West End, by the time drivers pass the sign it's too late, 21st being one-way. But the spaces are pretty utilized so I guess regulars (or employees) have figured it out.

29 minutes ago, Vrtigo said:

Maybe that's part of the problem with this location?

Well, the main problem is that it's basically an inside-out strip mall in the middle of Midtown, but yeah, the parking situation doesn't help.