Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

Hyatt House to begin work on Midtown hotel at NW corner of Hayes and 21st Avenue by second quarter of 2017 (not sure if that means demo begins on existing office building, or actual construction), and opening by first quarter of 2019.  199 rooms...probably in the 14-story range.  No official rendering released yet.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/09/28/199-room-hyatt-house-hotel-planned-nashville-midtown-site/91242730/

Here is the office structure currently on the site:

Screen Shot 2016-09-29 at 10.50.11 AM.png

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Hyatt House to begin work on Midtown hotel at NE corner of Hayes and 21st Avenue by second quarter of 2017 (not sure if that means demo begins on existing office building, or actual construction), and opening by first quarter of 2019.  199 rooms...probably in the 14-story range.  No official rendering released yet.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/09/28/199-room-hyatt-house-hotel-planned-nashville-midtown-site/91242730/

Here is the office structure currently on the site:

Forgive me for asking you to correct what it is very likely operator error on my part, but when I look at the NE corner of Hayes and 21st in street view it looks to be just a parking garage.  What am I missing?

10 minutes ago, PruneTracy said:

Ah thank you!!  Ya know, I considered that, but the building looks so different from the corner than it does from the other side as in the photo Mark posted.  Anyway, thanks for clearing that up for me.

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

Centennial Park reno phase 2 plans revealed...  http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/davidson /2016/10/06/nashvilles-centennial-park-phase-two-detailed/91568620/

Renovation work includes the great lawn, band shell, events pavilion and new lighting schemes for the Parthenon. 

Wasn't this already revealed a while ago?

But I'm glad they're focusing on centennial park. Such a draw for our city, like our mini central park.

Edited by Nashtitans

Does anyone have any idea what the buildings that were erected in Centennial Park for the exposition were built from?  Concrete, stone?  I'm just trying to understand why it appears so much effort was put into the buildings only to have them torn down?  I've always felt the Pyramid should have been rebuilt as well, but for me it would have been better on the opposite side the lake to the north (the current garden area) so it not be too close to the Parthenon.  Allowing both to have their views across the lake without obstructing the other.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A couple updates from the Hillsboro Village area.

Harris Tillman School library.  Looking east along Blakemore Avenue:

Harris Tillman Library, Oct.JPG

3 shots of the former Sunset Grille building redevelopment.  Looking east along Belcourt Ave. at the new juice bar:

Sunset_Grille_remodel_1,_Oct.JPG

Looking south from Belcourt Ave. at entrance to new (don't know the name) restaurant:

Sunset_Grille_remodel_2,_Oct.JPG

Looking south from corner of 20th Ave. South and Belcourt Ave. at former front entrance of Sunset Grille, which will now be front of new (don't know name) third restaurant. 

Sunset_Grille_remodel_3,_Oct.JPG

• Like 2