Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

16 hours ago, titanhog said:

Will be interesting to see how long before anything breaks ground...and how big the project will be in the end.

A quote from the article made it pretty clear they don't intend to do much of anything for at least a year, so don't hold your breath.

1 hour ago, Vrtigo said:

A quote from the article made it pretty clear they don't intend to do much of anything for at least a year, so don't hold your breath.

Yeah...I'm thinking probably 5 years.  My publisher has a lease in the portion above of Off Broadway Shoes until 2020 (not saying they won't renegotiate if needed)...and some of the retail tenants are rumored to have longer leases than that.  Of course, they could still go head and build the tower in the Off Broadway parking lot anytime they wanted.

I believe I remember language being in the SP that mandated a grocery store be put in the first phase of the project.  That was proposed for the Off Broadway parking lot, so if they keep the current SP in place that will be the lot first built on. 

I could see them build on that lot first. Then they would move construction to the side along Demonbreun. Construction might start on the grocery store development in 2017-2018 and then the rest of construction ~2020.

Edited by Hey_Hey
  • Like 1

Wow...I had forgotten about that project. Two Tower rendering for Rudy Law site.

I wish they had acquired the bland building on the corner housing Gigi's and hattie B's.... I would love for this to have extended to the corner.

Rudy_project.56fd92c032e1c.jpg

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, dmillsphoto said:

I wonder if the owner of the law firm ever raised enough to move the building they're in... definitely going to be a loss (I most certainly would rather have lost JJ's/Noshville for that tower than this).

Breaks my heart to see another beautiful old structure razed.  "That's So Nashville."

• Like 1

On April 1, 2016 at 9:33 PM, smeagolsfree said:

Well, that was fast…. they've already named it Millennium Music Row, and it will also be 230 units, just as the previous owners had in mind for Music Square Flats.  Looks like they will will work with the same architect and just make some revisions to the existing plan.  More info on how quickly everything is happening here:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/homes/2016/03/31/houston-apartment-developer-buys-music-row-site/82494008/

The Dinerstein Company from Houston (the new developer) says they are looking for more developments in Nashville.

Edited by markhollin
  • Like 1

On March 29, 2016 at 4:57 PM, MLBrumby said:

Castle Rock opens the Kimono... slightly.  Oh, and this will be as tall as... get ready.... brace yourselves... wait for it... 22-floors tall!!!!!!!!!    

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2016/03/exclusive-q-a-new-owner-of-prime-demonbreun-land.html

590 residential units, 640 hotel rooms, 103,000 square feet of retail and 420,000 square feet of office space, all in buildings up to 22 stories tall. Oh, and space for a grocery store, a coveted amenity for the urban core's population, which has grown 60 percent in the last five years.

A resident could live, work, shop and buy groceries without leaving the building.  This is a whole new definition of city living in Nashville.  Does anyone know which buildings will be taken down to build this?

Vanderbilt to build a new $115m residential college on West End to replace the current Barnard Hall, across the street from the West End UM Church. Apparently the plan is for it to address the street more than the current setup, which features a parking lot behind trees and a tall metal fence. More.

Screen-Shot-2016-03-31-at-3.49.26-PM-585x300.png

Barnard-Rendering.jpg

Edited by Will
  • Like 2

Hmm let's see...surrounded by a wall...set back from the street about thirty feet...garage entrance in front...zero cohesion with the buildings around it...no retail to speak of...yep, that has all the markings of a West End Park residential building.  God that neighborhood is such a damn mess.  

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 4

For those interested in learning more about the architecture and history of the Parthenon (both the original in Greece and the replica at Centennial Park), guided tours are now being organized for the first time. There were 200,000 visitors to the full-scale tribute here in Nashville last year:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/life/shopping/ms-cheap/2016/04/13/parthenon-adds-architectural-tours/82783658/

• Like 1

GBT Realty is proposing a 4-story, 76 unit apartment complex at 1710 Belcourt Avenue, which faces Wedgewood Avenue (currently site of Belcourt Terrace Nursing Home which recently closed). The cost will be $20 million, and the developer says they will have much lower rents that other area apartments. The full story is behind the paywall at NBJ.  Here is a rendering:

GBT Apartments render, 1710 Belcourt Ave..png

• Like 2

8 hours ago, markhollin said:

GBT Realty is proposing a 4-story, 76 unit apartment complex at 1710 Belcourt Avenue, which faces Wedgewood Avenue (currently site of Belcourt Terrace Nursing Home which recently closed). The cost will be $20 million, and the developer says they will have much lower rents that other area apartments. The full story is behind the paywall at NBJ.  Here is a rendering:

GBT Apartments render, 1710 Belcourt Ave..png

It passed planning commission two months ago, I spoke at the meeting. It has to pass readings at council(it will). Will break ground in the fall. "Barely better" than the nursing home says you do not live in the neighborhood. 

Far lower rents is a far fetched claim from the developer though, I believe they are proposing 1200 base rent for a small studio. Not cheap, more like market rate.

• Like 4