CU-ICAR/Millennium Campus

JCT

The uplighting for the letters has been installed as well. It is looking good, but I must say, to see "Clemson University International Center for Automotive Research" written out on a sign.....quite a mouthful, or eyeful, as the case may be. :lol:

Agreed. It's quite long. And, it's not quite as innovative looking as the rest of the signage and architecture of the campus... There's a disconnect there for some reason...

• 2 weeks later...

Another biggie for CU-ICAR from what I heard today. Should be announced by late June / early July. Citylife/G-man, any info from your friend at the GV News?

Nothing from this end, but i'll see if I can find out. Would it be a new facility?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Signage:

023-16.jpg

I find this signage disappointing. It seems really boring and simple to me - not fitting for a progressive, forward-thinking development such as this. They obviously had to find a way to fit in all that text, but I wish they could have included the CU-ICAR logo somewhere on there (maybe with the orange and silver coloring). Everything about CU-ICAR has been top notch, and I feel like they could have done better with this signage.

Hubbell Lighting is expanding? Have I missed that or has it not been made public yet?

No expansion is planned at the present time but perhaps in a few years. That's why the city/SCDOT is constructing a new road there. thumbsup.gif

Edited by citylife

The Center for Emerging Technologies broke ground today as the final building in Technology Neighborhood One. Sage Automotive will be the first tenant for the new building, leasing about 15,000 sq ft of the total 60,000 sq ft in the building. The total investment: $11 million.

You can read the release from Clemson University here: http://www.clemson.edu/media-relations/article.php?article_id=2901

Also, a very details rendering accompanies the article. :thumbsup:

Keep rollin' Greenville and CU-ICAR!!! :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

The new roadway for American Titanium Works' HQ seems to be staked out and ready for concrete and asphalt.

And, The Center for Emerging Technologies appears to still be moving forward, but nothing vertical has appeared as far as I've been able to see...

BTW- has the City gotten funding for a new Salters Rd bridge over 85? Or, what's the status of that? :dontknow:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...