CU-ICAR/Millennium Campus

JCT

Michelin has opened its first Inflation Station here in Greenville at CU-ICAR. While these will probably not make the company any money, I think it is great brand awareness, PR, marketing tool for Michelin. Look for others to open around the U.S. and Canada. Article from GV News. A few photos......I love that the gauges are in Bib's tummy.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article/20...ill-pump-you-up

IMG_7232.jpg

IMG_7234.jpg

• 1 month later...

:shades:

Hyperion Partners LLC, an affiliate of Charleston-based S.C. Research Authority, is considering a location on the Clemson University International Center for Automotive Research Campus to construct a hydrogen fueling station according to this article from SC Biz: http://www.scbizmag.com/content/view/126905/1/

:shades:

Hyperion Partners LLC, an affiliate of Charleston-based S.C. Research Authority, is considering a location on the Clemson University International Center for Automotive Research Campus to construct a hydrogen fueling station according to this article from SC Biz: http://www.scbizmag.com/content/view/126905/1/

Here is another article on this form GSA Business. It mentions this would be the first such station in the state and that research would also take place. CU ICAR and the 85 development seems to have caught the attn of the developers in looking at locations for the station. :thumbsup:

Here is another article on this form GSA Business. It mentions this would be the first such station in the state and that research would also take place. CU ICAR and the 85 development seems to have caught the attn of the developers in looking at locations for the station. :thumbsup:

I think this would be the state's second hydrogen fueling station; the only other one I know of is located in Columbia. Nevertheless, this is really good as it further solidifies the goal of making SC a leader in alternative fuels.

• 3 weeks later...

Bon Secours Health Systems, Inc, who operates Greenville's St. Francis Hospital System is still planning to build its Millennium Campus location. The $151 million project is the number one project for the entire company right now. CEO of Bon Secours says that Greenville is one of their two top growth markets right now.

The new hospital will offer 52 beds, 10 operating rooms, an emergency department and diagnostic, radiology, laboratory and pharmacy services, and employ 500 people.

It's good to see that this is still very much an active project, and at such a high priority. Those jobs will certainly be welcomed, too.

Here's the Greenville News' article if anyone cares to read more...

Bon Secours Health Systems, Inc, who operates Greenville's St. Francis Hospital System is still planning to build its Millennium Campus location. The $151 million project is the number one project for the entire company right now. CEO of Bon Secours says that Greenville is one of their two top growth markets right now.

The new hospital will offer 52 beds, 10 operating rooms, an emergency department and diagnostic, radiology, laboratory and pharmacy services, and employ 500 people.

It's good to see that this is still very much an active project, and at such a high priority. Those jobs will certainly be welcomed, too.

Here's the Greenville News' article if anyone cares to read more...

This hospital will be extremely nice for both patients and employees. One clue to this is the fact that they are spending $151 million on a building for just 52 beds. They could cram a lot more beds into the building for that price tag, or spend a lot less for 52 normal beds. These 52 beds will be private rooms, with really nice amenities, very current technology, etc. This is going to be a calming, peaceful hospital environment - certainly unlike anything we currently have in South Carolina. Definitely not your run-of-the-mill hospital. I look forward to seeing the final product. :thumbsup:

Edited by Greenville

• 4 weeks later...

Is this simply Collaboration I & II or a new building/idea all together? Sounds like good news!

Collaboration I & II I believe. I'm not sure if it will include both buildings or just one. Bob Geolas, ICAR exec. dir., briefed city council the other day and talked about wanting to do another building, to my understanding. American Titanium Works, which is moving forward is also planning to build a research center at ICAR that will consist of two buildings in Technology Neighborhood Five which is between Red Roof Inn and Technology Neighborhood I along I-85. Expect a Greenville News story on that soon.

ICAR has received $3 million from the federal government to build another office building. :) Don't know if it's in Technology Neighborhood I or not. More information to come.

ICAR received 3 million from the taxpayers, not the Federal Government. The Federal Government simply spends taxpayers dollars (pretty freely as of late). :D

Edited by gsupstate

ICAR received 3 million from the taxpayers, not the Federal Government. The Federal Government simply spends taxpayers dollars (pretty freely as of late). :D

Haha...true. I don't have a problem with it though. It's for economic development and will create actual jobs that are white collared. I'm hearing it's for Clemson Computational Center for Mobility Systems in Technology Neighborhood II. The $3 million won't pay for the entire new building, so Clemson is going to have to come up with its own share.

Edited by citylife

Suprised you guys are complaining about your tax dollars being used for this campus seeing how three out of the four office buildings and the parking garage at ICAR were built with your tax dollars. A little late to complain if you ask me. Oh and here's the news article: http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article/20...uilding-at-ICAR Notice none of the funds are from the economic stimulus package.

• 3 weeks later...

CU-Center for Emerging Technologies, a 60,000 square foot lab and office center for the research and development of new motion, energy and transportation technologies located on the CU-ICAR Campus. To be built with $3 million grant from Chamber of Commerce, money from Clemson University, and funding from other sources. $11 million total for construction of building.

Edited by citylife

CU-Center for Emerging Technologies, a 60,000 square foot lab and office center for the research and development of new motion, energy and transportation technologies located on the CU-ICAR Campus. To be built with $3 million grant from Chamber of Commerce, money from Clemson University, and funding from other sources. $11 million total for construction of building.

Is there a time table for construction or where exactly it will be located on the campus?

It's interesting that a possible completion date could be December 2010. It must be ready to go...?

Yes indeed. Just approval from a few places and it will be ready to build. They have the money. $3 million from the Chamber of Commerce/U.S. Economic Development Administration and $8 million from the Clemson University Real Estate Foundation. This building will be basically be ICAR's version of Next located downtown, except it will only be for start-up automotive companies. I'm really liking these start-up incubators that they're starting to build in the area. It helps start-up companies get moving and expand here locally while adding white-collar jobs. :thumbsup: In a few decades, some of these companies could be huge. It also makes the area look innovative and have a diverse economy.

Edited by citylife