Westin at Towncenter Progress

ToweringTurtle

From today:

IMG_0288.jpg

Friends from DC/NoVa and Richmond swore i was lying when i saw the Westin is the tallest in Virginia. I could not convince them otherwise. I guess the lack of subjective height around the building hurts the distinction. But that banner is awesome! :yahoo:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20-22 stories I believe. Not tall, just filler. But it'll be something to juxtapose the Westin against.

Hay bro,

Do you know when these 2 buildings will begin construction and when they will be finished. Also are they going to be named after a bank or any other financial institution?

Hay bro,

Do you know when these 2 buildings will begin construction and when they will be finished. Also are they going to be named after a bank or any other financial institution?

Tower two will start in the middle of 2008 and the other one sometime after that. Information and a rendering can be found in this thread. Tower Two

Yes, but what you didn't know is that Divaris stashed an extra 50ft worth of spire in the tower just for such an occasion. The day you complete your tower in Richmond Divaris will raise the Westin to its true height. :lol:

Just worth mentioning... reliable sources put a new tower in Richmond at at least 35 stories and as high as 550 ft, without a spire. Looks like Cap City might give the Beach some friendly competition!

Is that really worth mentioning? HAHA! Take that Richmond! Just kidding! I like Richmond! But really, let us in Hampton Roads enjoy the moment already.

Is that really worth mentioning? HAHA! Take that Richmond! Just kidding! I like Richmond! But really, let us in Hampton Roads enjoy the moment already.

It hasn't happened yet John, but if HR wishes to keep that title there probably needs to be significant developments already on the boards. I can think of a couple, but their status has been in limbo for the past year. We still don't know the final height of Wachovia Center and probably won't for a while. I would love to scrap the office tower planned for the Beacon lot, and just combine it with the one planned for block 11 to have a full 42 stories in height. :tough: Ahh...One can dream. :rolleyes:

Nothing new here but here is a flyer I received today.

Is this really the only 4-star, 4-diamond Westin hotel in the country? Seems like quite a lofty claim. On a side note, I can't wait for them to hit 100. I have a feeling you'll start hearing a lot more about City Walk after that.

The bricking continues to go up........

IMG_0300.jpg

One more pic. The dark shadows kept me from taking more pics.

IMG_0290.jpg

Wow, that storm last night tore the hell out of that sign. Guess they have to take it down now before it falls on someone. :(

City says banneer would've had to come down anyway

Our council is obviously humourless. :rolleyes:

It appeared one day last week. Bold, brazen and big enough to be seen from at least a quarter- mile away.

Armada Hoffler wanted to make a statement. The black sign stretched across the southern face of the Westin Hotel and Residences at Town Center, the state's tallest building, did just that.

"VA's Tallest," it screamed in red letters. "80% Sold."

There was only one problem: The sign was illegal.

• 2 weeks later...

Just something fun to point out... On my way home from work this afternoon, I noticed that the Westin now has a light on the spire. It's official now, if it wasn't before, VA's tallest is in VB and hopefully soon that crane will come down and show off the tower in all its splendor!

Just something fun to point out... On my way home from work this afternoon, I noticed that the Westin now has a light on the spire. It's official now, if it wasn't before, VA's tallest is in VB and hopefully soon that crane will come down and show off the tower in all its splendor!

:)

post-769-1182391481_thumb.jpg

Archived