Westin at Towncenter Progress

ToweringTurtle

Is the parking garage on the Indy side prefabricated? It seems like every time I check the camera (so for today, 3 times) there is less and less of a hole in the part of the garage closest to the tower on the PAC side... If so, what would be the reason for having built one part of the garage from the ground up, then swtiching to prefab for the rest?

I do believe that the side closest the camera is the side that was suppose to have some office or retail space. Correct me if I'm wrong. That would be the reason for changing construction practices.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do believe that the side closest the camera is the side that was suppose to have some office or retail space. Correct me if I'm wrong. That would be the reason for changing construction practices.

Actually, the side fronting independence was supposed to have 4 or 5 floors of office on top I believe. That was scrapped very early on though (back when the building was proposed at just 32 floors.

If you look at the home page for the westin at town center. The portion closest to Armada Hoffler is the portion of two story retail that I'm referring to. You can access the website here. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I thought your were referring to the office portion that used to be part of the project. The offices were to go on top of the side fronting independence. There is even a rendering at the beginning of this thread that shows it. The side closest to the camera is retail though (no office).

The construction of the crown/spire is giving the Westin quite a visual height boost. They're working on the east side now. :)

I couldn't agree with you more! On a side note, I would love to see the day when there are actually CARS on top of Dick's parking garage...

I couldn't agree with you more! On a side note, I would love to see the day when there are actually CARS on top of Dick's parking garage...

Without those beams the Westin was 413ft tall. With those beams we've probably finally passed the 450ft mark making Westin officially the tallest in the state. :tough:

Decided to get out and take some progress pics since there is finally something different to show (and class was cancelled so I had the time. Of course they've started construction on the crown and spire and I've tried to show this. Wasn't the best day for taking pics though and the top was kind of obscured by clouds.

473904163_a1fed692b7_b.jpg

473891272_925d20fe35_b.jpg

473891490_36fa1fb414_b.jpg

A few ground level pics

473891148_2a668bd2ab_b.jpg

473903861_d892a2bece_b.jpg

473890338_b66ec7e5d9_b.jpg

A miscellaneous pic from far away that I took a week ago.

473903477_b59b704237_b.jpg

I like that last picture, promise you will take another from there once the spire is complete. That view really shows off the height compared to the AH tower.

Also, is there an upscale supermarket planned for TC? Once people move into the Westin, that would seem like the perfect fit. Whole Foods would be my choice.

:offtopic: Wouldn't the Wedgemans/Whole Foods discussion be more appropriate in the stores and retail or TC threads?

Btw, the more glass they put on the Westin the more it grows on me. I don't like the small windows but it is turning out to look better that I expected when they initially started putting the exterior panels on.

:offtopic: Wouldn't the Wedgemans/Whole Foods discussion be more appropriate in the stores and retail or TC threads?

Btw, the more glass they put on the Westin the more it grows on me. I don't like the small windows but it is turning out to look better that I expected when they initially started putting the exterior panels on.

yeah I agree, in the end, the building isnt all that bad. Could of been better, but it isn't an ugly building. Virginia needed a new tallest that wasn't ugly.

yeah I agree, in the end, the building isnt all that bad. Could of been better, but it isn't an ugly building. Virginia needed a new tallest that wasn't ugly.

The Glass makes the building - it has a slight tint and you realize how many windows are in the building - the views must be great.

Just drove by the Westin on my way home from a hike at First Landing and I must say, the ongoing construction of the spire is truly giving this building some height. You can really tell the boost as your coming down 264 from the oceanfront and finally come into view of the AH & Westin.

Just drove by the Westin on my way home from a hike at First Landing and I must say, the ongoing construction of the spire is truly giving this building some height. You can really tell the boost as your coming down 264 from the oceanfront and finally come into view of the AH & Westin.

AHHHH I want to see it so bad! The live camera must not be doing it justice! A week and a half and I will be back coming down 264 heading home and can't wait to see it!

AHHHH I want to see it so bad! The live camera must not be doing it justice! A week and a half and I will be back coming down 264 heading home and can't wait to see it!

Yeah, the live cam doesn't do it justice at all. This thing is truly a skyscraper and I don't think i'll ever tire of looking at it as I drive by. :D

Yeah, the love cam doesn't do it justice at all. This thing is truly a skyscraper and I don't think i'll ever tire of looking at it as I drive by. :D

Me and my girl went to dinner last night at Wendy's, i told her i needed to sit near the window with her in front of me, so i could have two beautiful things in front of me, her...and the Westin :shades: Anyone have a projected finish date?

Just for you RJW I took some more pics this morning. They are constructing the spire rapidly so much has changed from my last pics. I also took them from all different angles than the previous set. I'll have them posted by lunch.

Me and my girl went to dinner last night at Wendy's, i told her i needed to sit near the window with her in front of me, so i could have two beautiful things in front of me, her...and the Westin :shades:

So how well did that go for ya...Comparing your girlfriend to a 38-story slab of concrete and steel? :lol:

Btw, the completion date is fall or early winter of this year.

Archived