Westin at Towncenter Progress

ToweringTurtle

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no way that's all there is. The spire looks way shorter than I imagined it would in real life. It's strange that I find myself arguing for more spire but I think it could stand a few extra feet. It'll make it look more proportional to the building.

short.jpg

I'm guessing that they will push up that visible section of the spire from the bottom, attaching additional segment(s) underneath, using the aperture at the top as a stabilizer as they push upwards. That would be a workable method. What do you think?

I'm guessing that they will push up that visible section of the spire from the bottom, attaching additional segment(s) underneath, using the aperture at the top as a stabilizer as they push upwards. That would be a workable method. What do you think?

I hope they do that,but overall I still like this building.I'm just a skyscraper junkie.

There's no way that's all there is. The spire looks way shorter than I imagined it would in real life. It's strange that I find myself arguing for more spire but I think it could stand a few extra feet. It'll make it look more proportional to the building.

short.jpg

I think it IS supposed to be taller still. If you look at the Westin website's photo gallery, it shows it as much taller. I agree, for the height of the building it needs to be taller, so I am pretty sure they will add more to it...

On a side note, I am HOPING to go out and take pictures tomorrow of this and many other sites, so hopefully that will actually happen!

I think it IS supposed to be taller still. If you look at the Westin website's photo gallery, it shows it as much taller. I agree, for the height of the building it needs to be taller, so I am pretty sure they will add more to it...

On a side note, I am HOPING to go out and take pictures tomorrow of this and many other sites, so hopefully that will actually happen!

The spire looks better in person, could still use a little more though. So is this your first time back in town for a while?

Haha yes, it is. I have been in NOVA the past few years except for a few days at a time, but now I am home for the summer (unlike last year, I could NOT get a job up there!) so I am back in town. While we are a bit off topic, is anyone planning on going to the wine event at TC next weekend?

Haha yes, it is. I have been in NOVA the past few years except for a few days at a time, but now I am home for the summer (unlike last year, I could NOT get a job up there!) so I am back in town. While we are a bit off topic, is anyone planning on going to the wine event at TC next weekend?

I'm thinking about it. When is it exactly?

here is the blurb. I might just show up myself if I am in town..

The first Town Center Art & Wine Festival is set for Saturday, June 2 from noon until 5:00pm. The festival will take place in the Town Center Fountain Plaza and down Main Street (which will be closed to traffic) and will include an art show, a wine tasting, live jazz bands and street entertainers.

Date Day Performer Type

May 25 Fri Flashback Popular

May 26 Sat Grace Street Jazz

May 27 Sun Hampton Roads Shakespeare Festival

The Complete History of Virginia Beach – Abridged

May 27 Sun Swing Time Swing

May 30 Wed Steve Ambrose Variety

June 1 Fri Weathered Popular

June 2 Sat Swing Union Trio Jazz

June 3 Sun A-1 Party Artists Face Painting – Balloon Animals

here is the blurb. I might just show up myself if I am in town..

The first Town Center Art & Wine Festival is set for Saturday, June 2 from noon until 5:00pm. The festival will take place in the Town Center Fountain Plaza and down Main Street (which will be closed to traffic) and will include an art show, a wine tasting, live jazz bands and street entertainers.

Date Day Performer Type

May 25 Fri Flashback Popular

May 26 Sat Grace Street Jazz

May 27 Sun Hampton Roads Shakespeare Festival

The Complete History of Virginia Beach

So I went out and took some.... okay, a lot of pictures today...

From an angle I don't think anyone has taken yet:

PICT0003.jpg

PICT0006.jpg

PICT0007.jpg

Man, it's tall:

PICT0008.jpg

PICT0013.jpg

PICT0024.jpg

PICT0027.jpg

PICT0033.jpg

PICT0044.jpg

PICT0036.jpg

Nice retail corner:

PICT0028.jpg

Sure looks like an unfinished spire to me!

PICT0014.jpg

Let's hope this perspective is not available in the next few years:

PICT0042.jpg

PICT0038.jpg

The more I see it the more I am liking the Westin. It is a bit thin and pencilish (?) but overall I think it's quite a handsome building. It's good to see the bricking go around the garage as it seems to ground the building imo. Can't wait to see the final product.

Archived