Westin at Towncenter Progress

ToweringTurtle

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice shots indeed...anyone know how long it takes usually for the town center page to update their progress photos for April?

It seems they usually update it every two to three months, updating photos from all of those months at once.

It would be nice to see the owners of the mall jump on the bandwagon and get to redeveloping all that land they own. A newer more condense mall could replace it and then they could easily sell of parcels of land as well as build on, to expand the urban environment of the area. That will be a huge step for the city when that finally happens.

It would be nice to see the owners of the mall jump on the bandwagon and get to redeveloping all that land they own. A newer more condense mall could replace it and then they could easily sell of parcels of land as well as build on, to expand the urban environment of the area. That will be a huge step for the city when that finally happens.

In the April 22 Pilot, page G4, was an advertisement requesting proposals from engineering firms to design the pedestrian bridge across VB Blvd, and continuing on to the mall. Maybe that will give the mall more incentive to clean up, dress up, and keep up.

It was great to watch the reactions of the people who bought into the Westin. Must have been something to stand over Va. Beach 35 floors in the air and not be in a helicopter or plane. The building is a great addition to the city and the area.

Flippers gone wild! (hide comment)

Aside from the Crawfords, I wonder how many of the condo owners are ever going to actually move into their units. It seems to me that this undertaking was initiated during the height of the building boom, or as I'd like to think of it...."flippers gone wild". Now that "real estate as speculative investment" has reached its tipping point, and in fact is beginning to turn negative, I wonder about the fate of those optimistic souls who bought with the idea of making a killing on a quick resale, or renting, without ever having to set foot in their units. It's just not going to happen.....the 2001 to 2006 price explosion is history....and I fear that the next few years won't be pretty for real estate investors, or anyone else who bought within the last three years, and must sell by 2010. At any rate, I hope that I'm wrong, because part of my taxes paid for a portion of this venture, and I do wish it all success. I just keep seeing the handwriting on the wall......"Stash Your Cash!".

- Donald B. - Virginia Beach Flippers gone wild! (view comment)

Looks like Tel posted his two cents! :rofl:

Looks like Tel posted his two cents! :rofl:

Even though that sounds like tel, it's not, his handle is Ethan O. Though I wouldn't be surprised if this is just another name he uses to post there. The similarities are uncanny. :lol:

It appears that they are right on track to stick with the rendering they have on the AH website of the tower. The top of that beam currently sticking straight up will be the base for the needle but will also be the top of the pyramid which makes up the base of the entire spire. I think it should look great!

Archived