Westin at Towncenter Progress

ToweringTurtle

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I just checked out the cam, refreshed it, and the light moved so I figured it was a spotlight. Looks like it IS coming from Guadalajara, they probably are attracting attention all week for this weekend. This weekend must be their big opening bash. Anyone try and take a picture of it on the Westin?

Yeah I just checked out the cam, refreshed it, and the light moved so I figured it was a spotlight. Looks like it IS coming from Guadalajara, they probably are attracting attention all week for this weekend. This weekend must be their big opening bash. Anyone try and take a picture of it on the Westin?

I tried with my camera phone but failed miserably. Hopefully someone who is responsible for marketing the Westin will take a picture of it. It'd look great on a brochure.

I think the spire will look better when they finish the roof.

I agree. At the moment it looks stupid without the finished roof, but after that is done it should look great. I am however not sure I like the idea of keeping the top portion open as shows in the renderings, but we will have to wait and see.

Why? It really doesn't look that bad. Believe me, I was scared about it from the conceptual renderings but I really think it makes the building work. :mellow:

Just driving by the other day and seeing the giant white sheets over the frame sent a red flag up in my head, i personally prefer the open look like AH but i'm willing to wait until all is said and done to give a final decision, how nice of me, i know ;) Just uneasy is all

Drove by on 264 on the way to a concert and saw the Westin for the first time in a while. There's something about the skin that I've never been a fan of, but it's just so sleek and proportioned that it more than makes up for it. Overall it looks nice. I also thought that the spire on Armada Hoffler looks sort of out of place now.

Just my two cents :thumbsup:

Drove by on 264 on the way to a concert and saw the Westin for the first time in a while. There's something about the skin that I've never been a fan of, but it's just so sleek and proportioned that it more than makes up for it. Overall it looks nice. I also thought that the spire on Armada Hoffler looks sort of out of place now.

Just my two cents :thumbsup:

I don't think any of us are big fans of the Armada Hoffler building. That was done just to say it was taller than Dominion Tower in Norfolk.

Over the Weekend I was invited on a whim to go and camp in williamsburg and go to busch gardens. i enjoyed it verymuch. On saturday morning, I, before my friends woke up, left our camp ground at newport news park for VA beach to see the westin. after having followed its construction, and seen all the pictures and videos, driving on the off ramp of 64, I got my first live view of it. as i drove up to it, it seemed as though i would be passing the stuff near me, but it seemed to stay in the same far away spot on the horizon. its left me in awe. it was beautiful, just like i knew it would be.

good question. I was wondering that myself.

Considering the roof is just ornamental, there is no rush to finish it. The important part right now is getting the building fully enclosed to keep rain and everything out. I'm sure that they are already starting to furnish the Hotel below so getting the building fully enclosed is of utmost priority. The roof will be one of the last pieces of the puzzle. Much like the Trader Building.

Considering the roof is just ornamental, there is no rush to finish it. The important part right now is getting the building fully enclosed to keep rain and everything out. I'm sure that they are already starting to furnish the Hotel below so getting the building fully enclosed is of utmost priority. The roof will be one of the last pieces of the puzzle. Much like the Trader Building.

yeah.. thats probably right... but you think that a hollow roof with just a sheet metal skin would be a breeze..

From what I can tell from the webcam, finishing the roof makes the building look 10000 times better! I couldn't picture it for some reason finished with the corners missing, but now seeing it on, it looks great! Can anyone go out and take some pictures of it? Ooooh how I hate being 200 miles away! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Archived