Westin at Towncenter Progress

ToweringTurtle

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello I am new to the fourm and I am still reading most of the post to the subject of the towncenter in Virginia Beach. My interest is not as strong as most people on here. I however have interst in the building going up as I have a goal this year to take photos of lightning hitting this building which I missed my first chance at this when lightning hit the top of the crane as I was setting up on Feb 25, 2007 which is on the front of my site with video of the lightning with the building in front. I will post new photos as I get them which I think many might find pretty neat. I have one from last year which is below.My site is www.valightning.com

1727986-34374e4b763e99c0.jpg

Hello I am new to the fourm and I am still reading most of the post to the subject of the towncenter in Virginia Beach. My interest is not as strong as most people on here. I however have interst in the building going up as I have a goal this year to take photos of lightning hitting this building which I missed my first chance at this when lightning hit the top of the crane as I was setting up on Feb 25, 2007 which is on the front of my site with video of the lightning with the building in front. I will post new photos as I get them which I think many might find pretty neat. I have one from last year which is below.My site is www.valightning.com

1727986-34374e4b763e99c0.jpg

That pic on your homepage is absolutely stunning. :shok: Welcome to the forum. :)

I like the one where the lightning comes up from the ground. That was awsome.

I like them too...They are coming off 1500 foot TV towers out in Tulsa Ok and a pretty rare when they happen like that...At the time we were trying to get to the towers to take photos but did nopt make it in time...I hope to get good photos of lightning coming off the tops of both buildings in the town center of Virginia Beach...Thanks for looking

I was wondering since one of my goals is to get lightning hitting one of the buildings in the Virginia Beach Town Center. The question is what is the spire made out of...Now this is important to me because the conductivity is better with diffrent types of things...Can anyone help me with this???

Thanks William Coyle

www.valightning.com

I was wondering since one of my goals is to get lightning hitting one of the buildings in the Virginia Beach Town Center. The question is what is the spire made out of...Now this is important to me because the conductivity is better with diffrent types of things...Can anyone help me with this???

Thanks William Coyle

www.valightning.com

I got some decent shots of lightning hitting Portsmouth. Do you use digital or modified (slowed down) motion picture film camera? A 1080p capable HDCAM would be awesome but expensive :-) For my pics I cheated and used long shutter.

I'm pretty certain that the spires at town center is a metal, and almost postiive it's grounded properly. There are radio repeaters up on the top of the AH building. A motorola system for backup and some data stuff. I believe some of them will move to Westin roof when it's done, since it's now in the way.

Received an email and the Westin is having another open house:

Stop by the Westin Saturday 3/24/07 Noon - 3pm.

OPEN HOUSE

We only have 26 Remaining Units - Come out and see what is Available.

The music will be playing a little loud and we will have some FUN &

Light Refreshments.

It looks kind of chubby from that angle! :silly:

Haha I must agree with you... This building is so strange in it's appearance depending on the angle and time of day.. One minute you have a Pencil, the next you have Trader before signage...

Archived