GSP International

gvillenative

I wrote a while back questioning how GSP was in regard to the no liquids ban and such.

I just wanted to say that everything went really smoothly, and I was impressed with the service there. Everyone was so friendly and full of smiles. :)

In NYC, gah... lol, they were nice there too, but sooo rushed in comparison! I forgot to take the liquids out of my carry-on and tried to tell them so as they were scanning it in, but they brushed me aside to hurry me through and didn't even notice them. :P

Oh, and then my flight was delayed by a good four hours - so I had to sit in the airport for six hours total.

It is nice to be back home. ^^b

Edited by nutkitty

It seems GSP's passengers are continuing to decline. They're down 3.18% or about 7,000 passengers since last February.

Herald-Journal article

Do you think it has something to do with GSP's cost in comparison to Atlanta and Charlotte's airports? I know I'd usually fly to one of those instead of GSP when I lived cross country to avoid paying $100+ extra. (in some cases)

I think my ticket to NYC cost $60 more than it would have been to fly out of the other two airports, although I still went with GSP to avoid the drive to the others.

I think it all depends on the destinations you are looking at. I'm looking for flights to Ireland and it is working out cheaper to fly from GSP than Charlotte or Atlanta. I suppose it helps that you can fly to a number of cities from GSP that have direct flights to Ireland with different airlines that help keep it competitive.

I think it all depends on the destinations you are looking at. I'm looking for flights to Ireland and it is working out cheaper to fly from GSP than Charlotte or Atlanta. I suppose it helps that you can fly to a number of cities from GSP that have direct flights to Ireland with different airlines that help keep it competitive.

Any new news about a low cost carrier coming to GSP? I was told that possibly jet blue was looking. Sure would be nice to continue to drive the prices down.

I flew through GSP a couple weeks ago to and from Upstate NY; got caught in the whole US Airways baggage debacle, ya know 4 bags checked, 4 bags lost but that a story for another time. Back on subject, in concourse A which I might add is the first time I ever flew out of A I usually wind up flying out of B, however I noticed the newsstand and the had kinda like a little resteraunt and bar in the corner by A-1. The food was alright , a little pricey, but alright. When did they add these. The last time I flew before this was about a year or so ago and all I saw was a snack stand that was hardly ever open. These are much needed additions because I for one get hungry just before I fly for some reason, and I would like something to read so they killed two birds with one stone so to speak.

• 2 weeks later...

The airport in Hunstville, AL has added a "farechaser" feature to it's website / e-mail program. Huntsville is much like Greenville, having no low cost carrier since Independence went under. Huntsville is additionally sandwiched between Birmingham and Nashville (both easy drives and both being Southwest strongholds).....much like our Atlanta / Charlotte relationship.

While I fly mostly on business and my company simply eats the higher cost, this "farechaser" feature would be nice for leisure travel. I think many Greenvillians miss good fares when we do have them (example, USAirways ran a fare sale a few weeks back with 99 fares each way to LaGuardia, but who really knew about it).

Anyway, I copied this from the Huntsville forum:

Airport e-mail program has new feature

Huntsville International Airport

Edited by gsupstate

The airport in Hunstville, AL has added a "farechaser" feature to it's website / e-mail program. Huntsville is much like Greenville, having no lost cost carrier since Independence went under. Huntsville is additionally sandwiched between Birmingham and Nashville (both easy drives and both being Southwest strongholds).....much like our Atlanta / Charlotte relationship.

While I fly mostly on business and my company simply eats the higher cost, this "farechaser" feature would be nice for leisure travel. I think many Greenvillians miss good fares when we do have them (example, USAirways ran a fare sale a few weeks back with 99 fares each way to LaGuardia, but who really knew about it).

Anyway, I copied this from the Huntsville forum:

Airport e-mail program has new feature

Huntsville International Airport

Edited by HSVTiger

^ Thanks HSVTiger.

Huntsville's airport has certainly seen many changes over the years. IMO it has progressed better than any other Alabama airport.

I remember when I was a kid thinking how cool it was that Hunstville's airport had the hotel over the terminal. Don't remember what the brand of hotel was, but they had a restaurant called The Rib Room or something like that. My parents would go there with friends for Prime Rib, as it was one of the only places for good Prime Rib in Huntsville. Imagine going to the airport for dinner. :lol: Guess it was a "hip" place in the day.

Edited by gsupstate

^ Thanks HSVTiger.

Huntsville's airport has certainly seen many changes over the years. IMO it has progressed better than any other Alabama airport.

I remember when I was a kid thinking how cool it was that Hunstville's airport had the hotel over the terminal. Don't remember what the brand of hotel was, but they have a restaurant called The Rib Room or something like that. My parents would go there with friends for Prime Rib, as it was one of the only places for good Prime Rib in Huntsville. Imagine going to the airport for dinner. :lol: Guess it was a "hip" place in the day.

ah yes many a prom date ate at the Rib Cellar. The hotel is a Sheraton 4 Points, now the restaurant is part of the Sheraton.

Now the hip place is Ruth's Chris downtown.

Greenville is a great city and Huntsville looks to it (among others) for ideas and inspiration.

Everything in the upstate seems to be growing except for GSP. Why isn't the airport growing? Why isn't GSP getting any low-cost carriers? Why don't they offer any direct flights to western cities in the United States? Anybody know?

Edited by g-man430

Everything in the upstate seems to be growing except for GSP. Why isn't the airport growing? Why isn't GSP getting any low-cost carriers? Why don't they offer any direct flights to western cities in the United States? Anybody know?

We're supposed to have JetBlue by the end of 2007, and that will be huge. I consider that growth, myself. :)

I am just offering my opinion as to why but seems like people would rather drive to Charlotte or Atlanta to catch a flight because it's cheaper. If those people where to fly out of their airport we might be able to fill the flights we got now and make the airlines think about expansion. As it stands ATL and CLT could be taking some of our routes so to speak. IMO.