GSP International

gvillenative

Allegiant Air will announce an additional nonstop destination from GSP at a news conference this morning at 10:00

On their website there are two destinations to choose from, Orlando and Daytona Beach Area. Has this always been the case?

Edited by adrockc2

Daytona Beach is the new destination. They had previously flown only from GSP to Orlando-Sanford International (not to be confused with MCO).

While additional flights and destinations from GSP are always a plus, I really don't understand this airlines logic. Orlando-Sanford and Daytona are only a little over an hour from each other. Seems it would be drawing from the same pool of customers. I was hoping that the second destination added by Allegiant at GSP would have been to their Vegas "hub" (although not a real hub).

It's probably the same plane. :P

Actually, it's probably the same flight and they're marketing it as a flight to Daytona as much as one to Orlando. :lol:

The new destination is Tampa.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs....SINESS/70116006

Looks like Allegiant may just be moving the Columbia to Tampa flights to GSP, as they are pulling out of the Columbia market.

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/news/...ws/16472622.htm

Now that makes MUCH more sense to me.

That's the idea of low-cost carriers, isn't it Greenville? :)

Yes, but I wonder how many people are willing to be up to a 1 hour drive from their original destination to save money on the flight. There is a price point at which Delta passengers flying into Tampa will pay more for the convenience, rather than having to drive from Clearwater. I will be curious to see which price that is, should Delta try to pursue it. I have taken the Tampa to Greenville flight on Delta, and it was fairly crowded each time.

Yes, but I wonder how many people are willing to be up to a 1 hour drive from their original destination to save money on the flight. There is a price point at which Delta passengers flying into Tampa will pay more for the convenience, rather than having to drive from Clearwater. I will be curious to see which price that is, should Delta try to pursue it. I have taken the Tampa to Greenville flight on Delta, and it was fairly crowded each time.

Good point. I fly often, but everytime me and my family go down to Orlando to see my uncle and cousins we drive, but that might change thanks to Allegiant.

So are we assuming that the Orlando fights have done pretty well? Anyone seen any numbers?

In this day and age of the airline industry, airlines do not add additional flights unless they are doing well in a certain city. I haven't seen numbers, but the addition of another route / destination, tells me their first route and destination must be doing very well. :thumbsup:

I caught FOX 21's 10:00 story on the addition of this flight the other night; very interesting. A spokesman for the airline said that they were having a very favorable experience in this market, and are looking at us for further expansion. The reporter added that service could be added to it's other hub (Vegas) "and other markets as well" in the near future. If Allegient continues to do well, perhaps some other discount airlines will consider a closer look at us too. :thumbsup:

If you check allegiant air is booked to orlando throughout the entire summer nothing is available from mid june thru aug!

:shok: ...and it's only January. Maybe the future for a hub isn't that far out. This should definitely catch the eyes of more low cost carriers. I'm gonna pump you up. :tough::lol:

Edited by g-man430