Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

5 hours ago, codypet said:

A whole lot of merging to still have absolutely no presence in Central Florida

There had been talks that Cedar Fair was going to buy Sea World Parks and Entertainment but that deal fell through last year.  Now Cedar Fair and Six Flags are merging.  So this gets interesting.  Six Flags and Cedar Fair are both amusement parks IMO and not theme parks.  Universal and Disney obviously are theme parks and Sea World Parks are somewhere in between.  They're lightly themed parks maybe?  It does surprise me though that this new merged company is gonna stay out of Central Fl long.

what was that rumor from fifteen years ago of Six Flags going to Wedgefield area?

Do you think that they will try to enter the market now that they've merged?

On 11/3/2023 at 1:50 PM, jrs2 said:

what was that rumor from fifteen years ago of Six Flags going to Wedgefield area?

Do you think that they will try to enter the market now that they've merged?

The theory in the coaster circles is that they joined forces to be a mega anchor of parks in the NE to counter Central FL's dominance in the theme park market once Epic opens.  I initially questioned how SWE survives with that much mega competition, but I forgot entirely about Merlin.  I feel like one or both of those have to merge.  Either with each other or with the new Six Flags.  BTW that's the new name.  The stock ticker from Cedar Fair stays FUN, but the name becomes Six Flags.  It would be weird to me to see the names of some parks become Six Flags over Dorney Park or something like that.  Any changes you see to those parks I think will be in 2025.  

• Like 1

Wow wow wow. I cannot believe the county allowed this to go through. The old chevron station that was sold and razed on the corner of turkey lake and sand lake roads was sold for 7 million dollars.......to build......a Marijuana dispenserary. 

I thought the location of these places needed to be in specific zoned areas. 

5 hours ago, shardoon said:

Wow wow wow. I cannot believe the county allowed this to go through. The old chevron station that was sold and razed on the corner of turkey lake and sand lake roads was sold for 7 million dollars.......to build......a Marijuana dispenserary. 

I thought the location of these places needed to be in specific zoned areas. 

I wouldn't have allowed it.  It's Restaurant Row just about all the way to the Whole Foods, which also includes the plaza behind it.  Dispensaries are typically in seedy parts of town...for a reason.

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

I wouldn't have allowed it.  It's Restaurant Row just about all the way to the Whole Foods, which also includes the plaza behind it.  Dispensaries are typically in seedy parts of town...for a reason.

That may be true of places yet to legalize recreational marijuana but is not the case everywhere else.  

On 12/5/2023 at 1:33 PM, Ivanhoe said:

That may be true of places yet to legalize recreational marijuana but is not the case everywhere else.  

Well, I've been to Cherry Creek, CO, and dispensaries are not in the higher end tourist corridor there (the retail, boutique stores strip, hotel strip, Restoration Hardware & Cherry Creek Mall); rather, they are on side streets a couple of blocks away.  And the others I've been to were in a warehouse district.

Restaurant Row is pretty on par with Cherry Creek.  If they wanted a dispensary, they should have placed it on I-Drive or Turkey Lake near Wal-Mart to the south.  Orange County really messed up with this one.

18 hours ago, ragerunner said:

EPCOT’s new World Celebration Gardens opened today. This is exactly what EPCOT needed. A green oasis in the heart of the park’s ‘future world’ that you just want to hangout in.

what was there before?  Is this where that fountain and stage were located?

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

Well, I've been to Cherry Creek, CO, and dispensaries are not in the higher end tourist corridor there (the retail, boutique stores strip, hotel strip, Restoration Hardware & Cherry Creek Mall); rather, they are on side streets a couple of blocks away.  And the others I've been to were in a warehouse district.

Restaurant Row is pretty on par with Cherry Creek.  If they wanted a dispensary, they should have placed it on I-Drive or Turkey Lake near Wal-Mart to the south.  Orange County really messed up with this one.

what was there before?  Is this where that fountain and stage were located?

Yes

With the opening of the new Epcot World Celebration Gardens they also debuted a new nighttime fireworks show called Luminous.

On 12/11/2023 at 8:39 PM, aent said:

SeaWorld has submitted a development application for "Starboard DP."  a 504-room hotel on 29.92 acres.

During a previous earnings call, SeaWorld said its targeting 2026 to open hotels on the property

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2023/12/11/seaworld-files-plans-for-hotel-near-theme-park.html?ana=RSS&s=article_search

https://behindthethrills.com/2023/05/two-hotels-planned-for-seaworld-orlando-in-2025-and-2026/

1 1 1 1 SeaWorld_2015_ResortStrat.png

1 1 1 1 Starboard_003-1.jpg