Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

14 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

there's a lot of construction in and around the I-Drive strip or swath, if you will, from Premium Outlets south, which affects Oakridge, I-Drive, Carrier, and Universal Blvd. 

Yes, that streetscape north of SLR does suck...a lot.  But a bunch of "no man's land" projects have been built and are u/c to reduce the number of those empty tracts and parking lots for the better.  So much has been built in the past 5-6 years its insane.  

Speaking of the Premium outlets, did anyone notice Target is canning their small format store and is building a Target that might be larger than many of the SuperTargets in the area?

image.png.f2c066cf684c70185d40726fac8de927.png

They knocked down whatever half built building is in this aerial and are effectively doubling the store.

Edited by codypet
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, codypet said:

Speaking of the Premium outlets, did anyone notice Target is canning their small format store and is building a Target that might be larger than many of the SuperTargets in the area?

They knocked down whatever half built building is in this aerial and are effectively doubling the store.

Only appears to be larger than a typical super target. That is only because it is really long....... however, I do believe this is because it is not a deep store.  

3 hours ago, codypet said:

that small store was nicely put together but...sucked.  I will go to this now more often once it doubles in size...  

6 hours ago, jrs2 said:

there's a lot of construction in and around the I-Drive strip or swath, if you will, from Premium Outlets south, which affects Oakridge, I-Drive, Carrier, and Universal Blvd. 

Yes, that streetscape north of SLR does suck...a lot.  But a bunch of "no man's land" projects have been built and are u/c to reduce the number of those empty tracts and parking lots for the better.  So much has been built in the past 5-6 years it’s insane.  

I’ll celebrate when they demo that building with the big flying saucer on top!

Edited by jliv
  • Like 1

On 5/2/2024 at 11:11 AM, jrs2 said:

Here's a couple of images from Google.  I'm not impressed with these concept designs, but, anything is better than 1-2 story motel-style hotel buildings on I-Drive.  The Masterplan doesn't look the same as a prior one from like 6-7 years ago.  It looks like a lot of that surface parking behind say Chuy's will be removed.  But I can't locate a second garage they had originally earmarked for behind Longhorn...

1 15-1103-ide-masterplan_1200xx3600-2033-0-0.png

1 bldg-b-and-a_900xx2500-1406-0-42.jpg

The second image is RoseArts in Rosemont off OBT. Incidentally, the traffic light on OBT for that project was put in a few months ago. I imagine it should be operating by now. 

For the I-Drive Wyndham, that master plan tying into other nearby projects is great but I suspect they'll go with the less ambitious plan that predated it, at least for now.

If we're lucky, we might get a new hotel tower, that location is prime for a nice high rise hotel, but that's just me wishful thinking. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 5/7/2024 at 12:06 AM, klstorey said:

The second image is RoseArts in Rosemont off OBT. Incidentally, the traffic light on OBT for that project was put in a few months ago. I imagine it should be operating by now. 

For the I-Drive Wyndham, that master plan tying into other nearby projects is great but I suspect they'll go with the less ambitious plan that predated it, at least for now.

If we're lucky, we might get a new hotel tower, that location is prime for a nice high rise hotel, but that's just me wishful thinking. 

spacer.png

yes...

SeaWorld is building their hotel at I-Drive and CFLA Pkwy, which is going to be a nice tower at that corner, visible from a distance.

I'm not sure how tall these towers will be, but Unicorp did value engineer  O-Town West, and actually sold The Wheel to Merlin, so...dunno... but SLR & Universal/I-Drive is a great corner-ish for a taller building for visibility's sake...

• Like 1