Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

15 hours ago, jrs2 said:

yes, someone said the black was for the indoor portion.

they  need more coasters...but they need record-breakers for notoriety's sake...

As a parent of a little one, I don't so much mind this.   My little one just got tall enough to ride Journey to Atlantis (Journey to Atlanta what she calls it) and Infinity falls.  Since Empire of the Penguin was another family style ride, I'm ok with another family style ride.  Like Cobra's Curse which she also just started riding.  Since Wild Arctic closed and was in spirit replaced by Ice Breaker and their insane height restriction (which they recently just lowered), I feel like there was a need for another family ride.   I would like to see another RMC coming to Sea World.  Especially if they rumors are true and the  "family coaster" that was replacing Sand Serpent and 3 kiddie rides actually turns out to be a Giga like the rumors are saying.

Edited by codypet
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jrs2 said:

Would be amazing for a St. Regis. Or this can just be more hype with trying to sell a vision.  If it really does go off as planned, it will most likely be a top tier brand considering the described restaurants. 

Edited by shardoon

16 hours ago, jrs2 said:

Walking Distance to Sea World.  Not so much Epic U.  That's gonna be a long walk.  If only  I-drive had a LRT or a transit line........just....need....a.....funding.....source. 🤣

• Like 1

15 hours ago, shardoon said:

Would be amazing for a St. Regis. Or this can just be more hype with trying to sell a vision.  If it really does go off as planned, it will most likely be a top tier brand considering the described restaurants. 

I was leaning towards the "vision" aspect...hoping to be wrong.

if Orlando could land St. Regis, that would be amazing.  it seems that over the past few years, Orlando's lodging quality has increased a few notches lately...but I am still waiting to see them break ground on Fairmont and those other properties...Nobu, etc...

they also stated that there is competition for a brand...what, hotel brands are knocking on their doors?  if so then that's good...

I also haven't seen and/or heard anything about the planned W across from Epic U...

is it difficult to get construction loans on these hotels?  Conrad is almost done...what about these other companies?

Wow.  Didn't know about this:  Everest Place.  Photos, renderings, and video:

https://www.gottagoorlando.com/post/nickelodeon-is-making-a-comeback-to-central-florida-new-hotel-water-park-in-the-works

https://www.everestplace.com/

https://myskhotels.com/en/

Everest is building a resort with a Mysk Hotel. Originally they said a Nickleodeon Hotel, but it changed.  There's a lagoon too.   The rendering looks different than their website.  Supposed to go west of 429 from Margaritaville along 192 on the south side.

everest 1.webp

everest 2.webp

Everest Place.jpg

Edited by jrs2

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet somewhere else,  but I consider it to be on the cusp of the attractions area. 

Global investment firm plans high-density mixed-use project at office park site near Epic Universe

IMG_9325.thumb.jpeg.2822dac0559e96dc6c1b45c3405b5aa4.jpeg

The plans include up to 10 waivers in regards to building heights, distance separating buildings and the setback distances from main artery roads. Requesting apartment heights up to 7 stories and hotel/commercial up to 12 stories or 100 ft. Their goal is to achieve a true urban fabric that can be easily accessed from surrounding areas. Plans also include integration with the future extension of the shingle creek trail. 

If this actually happens it would be interesting to see how this section of John young parkway develops with the increased traffic from epic universe and the sunshine corridor along the southern end of the property. It could be an ideal location for a sun-rail stop.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gtothree2748 said:

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet somewhere else,  but I consider it to be on the cusp of the attractions area. 

Global investment firm plans high-density mixed-use project at office park site near Epic Universe

IMG_9325.thumb.jpeg.2822dac0559e96dc6c1b45c3405b5aa4.jpeg

The plans include up to 10 waivers in regards to building heights, distance separating buildings and the setback distances from main artery roads. Requesting apartment heights up to 7 stories and hotel/commercial up to 12 stories or 100 ft. Their goal is to achieve a true urban fabric that can be easily accessed from surrounding areas. Plans also include integration with the future extension of the shingle creek trail. 

If this actually happens it would be interesting to see how this section of John young parkway develops with the increased traffic from epic universe and the sunshine corridor along the southern end of the property. It could be an ideal location for a sun-rail stop.   

fascinating.  there are already a couple of hotels along Destination Pkwy right near JYP, so it would fit in with that for sure.  Southpark is a "neat" development; it has a vastness to it which kind of transports you (mentally) away from where you actually are.  That layout makes it seem its way out in BFE.  I think it's that JYP curve...

Journey of Water Inspired by Moana is Epcot’s newest attraction. Located in the Nature area of Future World this new experience takes you on an interactive water journey in a beautifully themed area. This new area feels a lot like a mini Pandora in a good way. It also brings a lot of needed landscaping to the future world area.

Edited by ragerunner

On 9/1/2023 at 1:38 PM, ragerunner said:

Journey of Water Inspired by Moana is Epcot’s newest attraction. Located in the Nature area of Future World this new experience takes you on an interactive water journey in a beautifully themed area. This new area feels a lot like a mini Pandora in a good way. It also brings a lot of needed landscaping to the future world area.

This is cool.  Very Animal Kingdom-ish…

6 hours ago, ragerunner said:

It is in a good way. Its does bring an area of 'soft landscaping' into the more harsh concrete area of future world.

I'm very excited about those two hotels for Epic U with the chameleon glass or whatever facade...  it is almost as if they built them in their current locale as a visual barrier to the south because of how they "hug" the Kirkman Road extension...

• Like 1

Catchlight Crossings.  This is going near Epic Universe.  I'm not sure where.  But they say it will be several buildings.  Perhaps an updated Cabrini Green- no brick, rather, stucco.

https://www.beyerblinderbelle.com/projects/catchlight_crossings_wendover

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/catchlight-crossings-plans-revealed-to-build-1000-affordable-apartments-in-orlando

it will be south of Vista Cay to the east of Tradeshow Blvd, or, soon to be widened and renamed Kirkman Road Extension (unless they stop that name designation at Universal Blvd).

Edited by jrs2

Alright I was gonna put this in the Tampa thread, but all their boards are closed and I need to share this find with someone.  Back in mid July, the portion of Busch Gardens that got demoed shows what they're planning on building on the WMD site.  I need to figure out what kind of ride I'm seeing.

First off.  If this is true......THANK THE THEME PARK GODS....The kids rides exist somewhere and weren't destroyed.

image.png.701ec4ce2989ea3b3acb977f461634d9.png

Here is the demo plan for the southeast side of Pantopia where the kids rides stood next to the aerial.

image.png.72adfbf749aec6b174e148d9edd76a62.pngimage.png.e3cdd86962286d2f86d1c43fb3005f96.png

For this view I've oriented everything so now north is on the left.

image.thumb.png.b895be20920f17176afd84d3611d0f55.png

So what I gather from this image is this coaster building has a pathway that leads right into the adjacent giftshop presumably at the exit.  The entrance is highlighted in red below?  The coaster has some land to contend with but not a lot.  Maybe a Tigris/Ice Breaker style up swing coaster?  Or some sort of twisty coaster?  The ride building being in the middle of an open field is making me scratch my head.  I put a blue box around the metal building above to get your bearings.

image.thumb.png.80121c9b108284f98618c4a865301cd5.png

Edited by codypet