Norfolk Development

vdogg

That's why I think the court shouldn't EXPAND to the Greyhound site, but rather MOVE to it and hand over their present building to the city for use as a library.  Doesn't the architectural style of the current court building demand such a stately civic use?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why not consolidate on the same property (or at Downtown Plaza) with the proposed Norfolk Circuit Court?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not consolidate on the same property (or at Downtown Plaza) with the proposed Norfolk Circuit Court?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dude I've been typing this for a while now and was hoping the GSA would read this and get a freakn clue. I think they should add floors to the new courthouse........it only makes sense. They could utilitze the city jail and such. I think the current fed courthouse would make a excellent library and use the Greyhound site for some other project. Just my opinion which doesn't mean squat when it comes down to it.

Dude I've been typing this for a while now and was hoping the GSA would read this and get a freakn clue. I think they should add floors to the new courthouse........it only makes sense. They could utilitze the city jail and such. I think the current fed courthouse would make a excellent library and use the Greyhound site for some other project. Just my opinion which doesn't mean squat when it comes down to it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't worry. I've been proposing this idea too since the GSA first came out with their land grab. Guess we're the only two who like the idea.

I was right.  If you go to the first page of the Harbor heights progress link, the newspaper article states that TCC will occupy two floors of HH and will connect to a six story adjacent office building on the corner of the building. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was including that as part of HH because I believe they named the entire project, including the adjacent portion, HH.

Don't worry.  I've been proposing this idea too since the GSA first came out with their land grab.  Guess we're the only two who like the idea.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree too. That would seem like the obvious way to go. Consolidate all the courts into one big complex. Course if it's an obviously good solution, the feds seems to completely miss it.

There is an as yet unnamed condominium development in Ghent. It will be built on the site of the recently demolished Arthur's Drug Store adjacent to the (rather ugly) John Knox Tower on Colonial Avenue. I think it will only be two or three stories, but supposedly will be attractive. The developer, I believe, is from Ghent and has completed projects in Norfolk and Suffolk. Anyone know anything more about this?

There is an as yet unnamed condominium development in Ghent.  It will be built on the site of the recently demolished Arthur's Drug Store adjacent to the (rather ugly) John Knox Tower on Colonial Avenue.  I think it will only be two or three stories, but supposedly will be attractive.  The developer, I believe, is from Ghent and has completed projects in Norfolk and Suffolk.  Anyone know anything more about this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Someone posted about this earlier on in the thread I will look for it and get you the link. :thumbsup:

Quite the change from what that building used to look like....I suppose the ugly Downtown Plaza  shopping center nearby has been removed by now.  A tremendous improvement.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not completely yet. Some of it has and its still a work in progress. They were talking about clearing it eventually all the way to Tidewater Dr.

Has anyone got pictures of the Hilton? I had heard rumblings about that when I lived in the area. Too bad that it is on the site of Beecroft & Bull, one of the few good clothing shops left in downtown Norfolk. Now they have decamped.....I hope the Selden Arcade will have its Plume Street facade restored.

I forgot to mention this but I passed by Harbors Edge today and they have completed their 8th floor. It's coming along quite nicely now :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cool!! I'm glad its coming along, and I hope its still going to be 17 stories which would give that area some nice height. If someone could take some pics of it soon that would be nice. :)

Archived