Norfolk Development

vdogg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought you where calling it historical and they just announced that the building the city was offering to the GSA was deemed as being historical. Sorry.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, I see. I was confused as well when that historical part was thrown in.

:o  It's already built???  How did we miss this?  It's a pretty sizable dorm judging by the pic.  Bigger than CNU's new ones by the Library!

Good addition to the University.  :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've heard rumors that a second phase (of similar size/design) of dorms should be starting up in the next few months.

I've heard rumors that a second phase (of similar size/design) of dorms should be starting up in the next few months.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome to the forums dena :) . Hmm... a second phase of dorms, NSU must be undergoing a little bit of a growing spurt.

Maybe they plan on decommissioning some of those once they get the new ones up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope they are planning on gutting some of them. It has been about 7 months since I have been out there but I still talk to people that work there. I worked there on their network cabling for a contractor for over 2 years. Right now they are gutting Robinson Hall right now.

From what I have heard there will be a second phase in the near future. I would bet the whole "gutting" out is going to happen to several of the NSU buildings. The dollars are just not there to demo and start over.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats pretty good news then, It's nice to see NSU prospering like this.

I'm sorry but NSU is a big State money pit. It gets 150 % state funds and gets the most from the state. They do stuff so @ss backwards its ridiculous. We did things two and three times. We installed a job and 4 months later we ripped it out and redid it. Money disappears out there all the time. They where suppose to have the money already for a police station and the millions of dollars disappeared and they can't find a trace for it. That came from the NSU policeman.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a money pit. It is important for DT Norfolk and the city at large that this school be expanded and maintained. Any facelifts or upgrades provided for the campus are welcome in my book.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You mistook what I mean. I want the school to grow but money has a tendency to disappear there and no one can find out where in the world it went. There where multiple projects where they had the money for and we were going to work and then all the sudden the money disappeared. I've seen alot of dept. get pissed and scream at the mis management of the money there.

Here's a good PDF from the Norfolk Development website in case you haven't seen it. It is about non-high rise development around Norfolk, including the RISE center on NSU. Good read. :)

2005 Minority Business report

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

25 acre rise campus? Very nice. I thought it was supposed to be just 2 builidings, not a whole campus.

Another great PDF from the Norfolk Development website. Sorry if they're old, I think this one is like 6 months old, but they were disabled for a while. This one deals mostly with the hosptials and medical expansions, as well as NSU, ODU, and TCC's expansions.

2005 Institutions report

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

$249 million? The Rise project is much larger than I thought it was. That ODU computational Sciences building looks good too, I may have to add that to projects listing version 2.0.

$249 million? The Rise project is much larger than I thought it was. That ODU computational Sciences building looks good too, I may have to add that to projects listing version 2.0.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The ODU computational Science building was completed in November of last year. Its stands on Elkhorn Ave. in the heart of Main Campus.

Here's a good PDF from the Norfolk Development website in case you haven't seen it. It is about non-high rise development around Norfolk, including the RISE center on NSU. Good read. :)

2005 Minority Business report

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Berkley Supermarket project is coming along nicely. I live 3 blocks from the construction site. Reports were construction would be completed before Thanksgiving. Check out the link below.

http://www.perrinewheeler.com/pdfs/sp_Berkley.pdf

The Berkley Supermarket project is coming along nicely.  I live 3 blocks from the construction site.  Reports were construction would be completed before Thanksgiving.  Check out the link below.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good for them. I read this area has been trying to get a supermarket for awhile now.

The Berkley Supermarket project is coming along nicely.  I live 3 blocks from the construction site.  Reports were construction would be completed before Thanksgiving.  Check out the link below.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is not a bad looking Farm Fresh. Great for the area and thanks for the link!

Good for them. I read this area has been trying to get a supermarket for awhile now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah... they've been trying since the 60's-70's to get a supermarket out there. I live in Berkley but go grocery shoppin in South Norfolk (Chesapeake). :D

Archived