Norfolk Development

vdogg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish they would have kept it 10 stories that would be awesome. I wonder whats the fate fo the marina? I hope that it stays.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm..I didn't read that part earlier but you're right. I wonder what Gindroz reasoning behind the downsizing was?

Hmm..I didn't read that part earlier but you're right. I wonder what Gindroz reasoning behind the downsizing was?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe you could email him or someone else could to find out the reasoning behind the decision. That would have been killer to see a 10 story building coming from across the tunnel. Hopefully they will put more outdoor cafes in OV and a little bit of mid to high rise condos in OV too.

Anyone who cruises the Virginian-Pilot's web site won't have missed what's at the top of the page this morning, but in case you didn't see it, check out:

"What are Norfolk real estate deals really worth?"

To me, the interesting points in Battinto Batts' article were that:

*Richard Levin actually plans to continue using his newly-purchased Lafayette Motor Hotel as a hotel -- though after heavy renovations

*Pete Decker may not build condos on his nearby 7 acres after all.

Of course, it speaks well of Norfolk that Mr. Decker is apparently receiving inquiries on a regular basis from people wanting to buy his various properties in Norfolk.

In the article, though, Buddy Gadams serves as the voice of caution about what people have been willing to pay for various properties.

All in all, an interesting read.

On an unrelated point, has anyone seen the map of "Downtown Construction Sites" Norfolk recently posted on its web site?

Map

With no street names, and no key for the numbered items, it's a great puzzle for people who aren't cartographically challenged. :D I really have to think there was another page to that file originally, or should've been.

On an unrelated point, has anyone seen the map of "Downtown Construction Sites" Norfolk recently posted on its web site?

Map

With no street names, and no key for the numbered items, it's a great puzzle for people who aren't cartographically challenged.  :D  I really have to think there was another page to that file originally, or should've been.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No I hadn't seen this map, but you're right, there does seem to be a page missing or something. There needs to be a key to match the numbers with.

That map sucks dude! I can't wait to see when they start building the Granby Tower. Does anyone heard anything about the Norfolk Baseball Company? Do they still exist? Are they working on something else or if they are willing for the attempt to bring another type of major league sports here?

That map sucks dude! I can't wait to see when they start building the Granby Tower. Does anyone heard anything about the Norfolk Baseball Company? Do they still exist? Are they working on something else or if they are willing for the attempt to bring another type of major league sports here?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Norfolk Baseball Company, to my knowledge, is still around and still pursuing a major league sports team of any kind. That is their mission.

Norfolk Baseball Company, to my knowledge, is still around and still pursuing a major league sports team of any kind. That is their mission.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How do you know, I've looked for their email address and their website is just one page now and it shows the letter that they sent out with the refunds on it. I would like to email them and see what they are up to and thank them for their effort. I love the fact that they quit their jobs for the love of this area.

How do you know, I've looked for their email address and their website is just one page now and it  shows the letter that they sent out with the refunds on it. I would like to email them and see what they are up to and thank them for their effort. I love the fact that they quit their jobs for the love of this area.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just know because that's what they said when we lost to DC for the Nationals. A recent article from a few months ago said something about continuing their pursuit of a team. Try emailing them at [email protected]. I did email them personally but I can't find the message or address.

I just know because that's what they said when we lost to DC for the Nationals. A recent article from a few months ago said something about continuing their pursuit of a team. Try emailing them at [email protected]. I did email them personally but I can't find the message or address.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, Norfolk has been and always will continue to look for a major league team until they get one.

Has anyone heard anything new on the relocation of the Union Mission to the old Virginia Natural Gas property on Virginia Beach Blvd?

Specifically, anything on what will be done on the existing Union Mission property downtown?

Chesapeake Pirate

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nothing concrete but you can believe it will be condos going in there. They won't knock it down due to it being historical i hope. I'm hoping that all of this DT living is going to spark some major jobs to downtown. The only new jobs dt are the trader jobs. I'm hoping that this will spark the interest of a company or two that want to move to this area into DT.

Archived