Norfolk Development

vdogg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is no where near the 18-20 story apts or near the Granby Tower site. This is across the street from Goldberg Hardware Store. By the Martin Luther King Jr. Monument

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think I posted a map to this also earlier in the thread and it put it over by the radisson, which is near enough to Granby to form a skyline whne approaching from 264. It won't be dense but it would appear as a cluster of buildings.

Ok, projects list has been updated. I may have to start a 2nd projects listing as I am running out of room to post pics in the first. You're only allowed to post 30 pics per post (which translates to 30 per city). This means at least for Va. Beach and Norfolk i'm probably gonna start working on projects listing #2.

Ok, projects list has been updated. I may have to start a 2nd projects listing as I am running out of room to post pics in the first.  You're only allowed to post 30 pics per post (which translates to 30 per city). This means at least for Va. Beach and Norfolk i'm probably gonna start working on projects listing #2.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like its a good thing to be running out of room because that means alot of projects. I wonder when they will release the rendering of the 11 story building.

I can't really see that building being converted to condos, people locating in that area will probably be wanting a view. It is possible, as with that recently announced 11 story mixed use project, that the owner will simply decide to demolish the building and build anew.

I can't really see that building being converted to condos, people locating in that area will probably be wanting a view. It is possible, as with that recently announced 11 story mixed use project, that the owner will simply decide to demolish the building and build anew.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh yeah! Its gone. I'm pretty sure that the artice said that they were going to scrap that building.

That building is not historic and is not even close to being architecturally appealing. Let's be honest, no matter what they did to that building it would still look like a health department or social services building. Nobody in their right mind is going to pay $300K to live in the health department.

Jus kiss that eyesore goodbye.

That building is not historic and is not even close to being architecturally appealing. Let's be honest, no matter what they did to that building it would still look like a health department or social services building. Nobody in their right mind is going to pay $300K to live in the health department.

Jus kiss that eyesore goodbye.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They are talking about the building that Baxter's sports bar is going in is historic not the social services building.

They are talking about the building that Baxter's sports bar is going in is historic not the social services building.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, and I don't know where they pulled that crap from either. Just because a building reaches a certain age doesn't necessarily mean it should be declared historic IMO. It's architectual significance is questionable at best, it's definately not something I would put on a brochure. With all due respect to the historical community I believe that now is the time to do what is right for Norfolk and drop their opposition to the cities plan.

Huh?

We are talking about the building that I posted pictures on the last page.

From the article:

"A potential buyer has stepped forward for the building that has housed the city

Archived