Norfolk Development

vdogg

No sir, I am quite happy in my obscurity actually  :lol: . The attention i want is attention for all of HR. For far too long this area has been underappreciated, and this article will go a great ways towards making people realize this. Even if this tower never goes through (but i hope it does), there are now that many more developers looking at the possibility. People are actually saying "Hey, this might be possible" and, as you can tell, it's generated a bit of excitement.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Even if this tower never goes through (but i hope it does)"

Bound to happen....just a matter of time.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Even if this tower never goes through (but i hope it does)"

Bound to happen....just a matter of time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dude I second it! I don't think its a rumor because papers don't react to something unless it has some kind of crediable source. I really think someone in this forum works for the pilot. I think its turtle. You remember that he said he was friends with the mayor. I think he knows him through his job.

Dude I second it! I don't think its a rumor because papers don't react to something unless it has some kind of crediable source. I really think someone in this forum works for the pilot. I think its turtle. You remember that he said he was friends with the mayor. I think he knows him through his job.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The author of the pilot article stated he was talking to city leaders who independently pointed to that lot as a possible site for office tower development.

"Fraim and other city officials say there

Hey vdogg you remeber for the longest time it was just us two talking about our awesome area and then our good buddy from Richmond came in and joined us. I love this site dude.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This whole thing has definately ballooned far beyond what i originally thought it could. :lol:

Hey vdogg you remeber for the longest time it was just us two talking about our awesome area and then our good buddy from Richmond came in and joined us. I love this site dude.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, and you mean from Chesapeake. Chesapeake Pirate was the 3rd.

We are on a forum and anyone can change their names too! It doesn't matter and don't want to sound like another conspiracy theory. The city sounded like they really didn't want to discuss this and were kind of shocked to be questioned about it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can see everyones ip address. Trust me, they're not the same.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats right and didn't mean to forget you Pirate. I like everyone on this forum whether i disagree with them or not. I hope that article brings in alot more users into here with alot of discussion behind the :lol: m.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You guys left me in the dust long ago. I just appreciate keeping up with the latest and am really glad there are so many folks coming out of the woodwork with a positive interest in the future growth of this area.

BTW, Chesapeake Pirate is from Norfolk...downtown and one block from Harbor Heights. The "Chesapeake" part refers to the bay :D !

Chesapeae Pirate

Dude you can go to a computer anywhere! I have gone multiple places to get on here. But I guess you are right.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is true but usually at the most i will see a user with 2 maybe 3 main address. You can also perform a whois search to find out more. I am confident that they are not the same people.

This is true but usually at the most i will see a user with 2 maybe 3 main address. You can also perform a whois search to find out more. I am confident that they are not the same people.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just thought that it was funny when i remembered him saying that he knew the mayor and i just came to a conclusion. I wonder what made the reporter come look in here? You think he was googling ?

I just thought that it was funny when i remembered him saying that he knew the mayor and i just came to a conclusion. I wonder what made the reporter come look in here? You think he was googling ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They may have been tipped off by the city or by another developer. I know in my correspondence with the vice mayors office and other developers i've made sure to invite them to visit the site. I also know that due to the constant pestering by some shall remain nameless forumers about the accuracy of some of their articles, they probably have known about us for some time.

They may have been tipped off by the city or by another developer. I know in my correspondence with the vice mayors office and other developers i've made sure to invite them to visit the site. I also know that due to the constant pestering by some shall remain nameless forumers about the accuracy of some of their articles, they probably have known about us for some time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, Mr. Batts has been quite responsive to me. At one point, I sent him a couple of links to articles about Rosslyn's Tower and then all major VA city highrise site links on Emporis (plus assurances from Mr. Divaris)--all in an effort to have him at least research the status of Westin at Town Center as the tallest in Virginia. In turn, he indicated that while he remained skeptical, he was intrigued enough to look into it. We'll see.

Hi everyone!

I joined this site as a result of the article in today's business section of the Pilot.

It's good to know that there are more people around who share in my enthusiasm for DT Norfolk's econonomic development.

I registered on the Granby Tower website for the grand opening, I also left a comment that I hoped that they would secretly add 9 floors to the plans so it will end up being taller than the Westin Tower in VBTC.

Thanks for being an outlet for my excitment!!!! :D

Yes, Mr. Batts has been quite responsive to me. At one point, I sent him a couple of links to articles about Rosslyn's Tower and then all major VA city highrise site links on Emporis (plus assurances from Mr. Divaris)--all in an effort to have him at least research the status of Westin at Town Center as the tallest in Virginia. In turn, he indicated that while he remained skeptical, he was intrigued enough to look into it. We'll see.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats funny cause the info on the Westin was by far more solid than the office tower. Go figure :huh:

Hi everyone!

I joined this site as a result of the article in today's business section of the Pilot.

It's good to know that there are more people around who share in my enthusiasm for DT Norfolk's econonomic development.

I registered on the Granby Tower website for the grand opening, I also left a comment that I hoped that they would secretly add 9 floors to the plans so it will end up being taller than the Westin Tower in VBTC.

Thanks for being an outlet for my excitment!!!!  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome to the forum, glad u could join us. Your the 4th of the new users to sign up today but the first to post. Trust me, this is a fun site. You won't be disappointed.

I read this entire thread, and no one has mentioned the ugly parking garage on Main Street next to the park at Commercial Place. Some have said that the current condition of the Rotunda building is bad, that concrete parking box is just plain horrible.

I can just imagine a trademark building there reaching no less than 50 floors.

What a veiw of the waters that would have. :rolleyes:

I read this entire thread, and no one has mentioned the ugly parking garage on Main Street next to the park at Commercial Place. Some have said that the current condition of the Rotunda building is bad, that concrete parking box is just plain horrible.

I can just imagine a trademark building there reaching no less than 50 floors.

What a veiw of the waters that would have. :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's funny you should mention that because they mentioned in the articles that water views were somewhat important. I guess i didn't realize that the view would be that important to a business, I thought it was more about location and functionality. I can see

the reasoning if we were referring to a condo tower, but i'm kinda skeptical of their statement in reference to an office tower.

It's funny you should mention that because they mentioned in the articles that water views were somewhat important. I guess i didn't realize that the view would be that important to a business, I thought it was more about location and functionality. I can see

the reasoning if we were referring to a condo tower, but i'm kinda skeptical of their statement in reference to an office tower.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm a bit skeptical about anything the Office of Economic Development says in the newpaper. I think we'll find that Mayor Fraim is speaking closer to the truth on this one.

Archived