First Ward Urban Village / North Tryon Vision Plan

uptownliving

Does anyone get the print edition? This should be interesting and hilarious (and infuriating):

"Check out the print edition of the Charlotte Business Journal tomorrow for a full interview with Levine about why his family has taken its time with the First Ward development, why now is the time to start building and what’s coming next."

Groundbreaking is scheduled for 2 PM today. Construction trailers and bulldozers are on site. 

fwparksa-draft-rendering091614resizedjpg

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/real_estate/2014/09/levine-properties-and-mecklenburg-county-to-break.html?page=2

Dixies Remains!!! woo! 

So much potential in the area, I REALLY hope that this park spurs potential development, much like Romare Bearden. But then again its all up to 1 guy to make it happen...

I went to the groundbreaking this afternoon. There was a really good turnout that viewed the renderings, munched on the snacks, and listened to all the political speeches.

Levine was there and gave a nice little speech and talked briefly about the grander vision for the urban village in First Ward, but there was no mention of the apartment project at 10th St, the future of the Dixies building, or the Treolar house. No renderings either.

So today was really only about the First Ward Park. Which I am so glad is finally getting going.

The Levine website has turned into a promotional page solely for the park.

It has??? all I can see is Live Work Play and a picture of the skyline

Also, I am rather surprised the Observer hasn't posted a story about this....rather big Charlotte news I would say?????

Edited by Jayvee

I still find it interesting that they would keep 8th street in tact....why not close it make the park 2 blocks like Romare, the parks look similar as it is anyway?

I'm glad its being done the way it is, with extreme traffic calming measures but still essentially open. If the plans for future Market Street along the lightrail between 7th and 9th come to fruition I think we'll be thankful for the added connectivity, especially given the "no pedestrian grade crossings without a street crossing" rule for the lightrail.

I'm glad its being done the way it is, with extreme traffic calming measures but still essentially open. If the plans for future Market Street along the lightrail between 7th and 9th come to fruition I think we'll be thankful for the added connectivity, especially given the "no pedestrian grade crossings without a street crossing" rule for the lightrail.

Touche