First Ward Urban Village / North Tryon Vision Plan

uptownliving

As advertised, the former Dixie's Parking Lot is completely closed today. In possibly related news, the vacant block bounded by 8th, 9th, Caldwell and Brevard appears to be being cleared this morning as crews are removing the grass and some of the trees and fencing on this lot. I assume that this block would need to be raised/graded to coincide with any raising of Caldwell noted above.

• Like 1

As advertised, the former Dixie's Parking Lot is completely closed today. In possibly related news, the vacant block bounded by 8th, 9th, Caldwell and Brevard appears to be being cleared this morning as crews are removing the grass and some of the trees and fencing on this lot. I assume that this block would need to be raised/graded to coincide with any raising of Caldwell noted above.

Holy crap guys, I think this is actually happening. I'm scared.

They are putting up a big white tent at the Dixie's Parking Lot - presumably for tomorrow's ground breaking?

I am still in shock this is actually happening, and will probably refuse to believe it until it's done. 

But to summarize, what exactly is being done? Is it just the park and what is the extent of it (is it still just going to be between 7th, 8th or out to 9th, Brevard and the Light Rail Line)? Also, what kind of time line are we looking at?

Edited by Jayvee

There appear to be a couple projects going on in this area currently. First, there is work being done along the BLE between 7th and 277 - mostly clearing out the 9th street light rail stop, and removing concrete along the route. Assume this is needed to install two tracks, and to create the grade crossing at 9th and 10th (even though the street doesn't exist yet). Also, there continues to be a lot of utility work on 8th and Brevard. There is fencing around some or all of three entire blocks bounded by 7th, 8th, and along Caldwell and Brevard, and crews are clearing out trees and fencing from the block next to UNCC.

As stated previously, most of not all of this being done by people other than Levine, but I guess it has to start somewhere.

The deadlines the city put in place for Levine to get his tax breaks-- it's not just for breaking ground, right? I'm all of a sudden worried they just said he had to break ground and that's all he's going to do.

Haters gonna hate... DL has done nothing but good, since putting up fencing, why start doubting now.  :whistling:

• Like 1