First Ward Urban Village / North Tryon Vision Plan

uptownliving

Actually he's just resurfacing the lots and installing automated pay stations so it's easier to take AMEX. And nothing says urban village like some fancy new brick walls around the lot.

We'll get field turf with parking lines painted on it and a tree in each corner. Parking lot during business hours, a park on weeknights and weekends.

• Like 2

I can confirm that there are still some cars parked in this lot, and that the entrances on 8th and Brevard are chained off, with "Lot Closed" signs blocking the entrance, but nothing at the 7th Street entrance. No other activity going on there today.

Edited by swh1972

Sign indicates that construction begins on Sept 14th and the lot will be closed.

So the entrances on 8th and Brevard are chained and state "Monthly Parking Closing for Construction 9/1/14" and the 7th St entrance is open and states "Daily Parking Closing for Construction 9/14/14". Not sure on the significance between Daily and Monthly, but I assume no construction is set to commence until at least 9/14/14, but the monthly parking customers needed to find new spaces as of 9/1/14.

Edited by JoshuaDrown

Confused.  I thought Dixie's was to be demolished.

Not sure where you heard that, the plan has always been to re-use the Dixies building. There are some renderings somewhere showing they intend to utilize the second floor and install a sort of New Orleans-style wrought iron balcony, but I'm not sure if that's at all accurate anymore.

So is this really happening????? Obviously we will all be skeptical until dirt is moving (at a decent pace, not 1 dump truck a month), but it seems like there is progress for the first time ever. 

I have only lived here for 3.5 years, but has there ever been this much "progress" on the site before?

So is this really happening????? Obviously we will all be skeptical until dirt is moving (at a decent pace, not 1 dump truck a month), but it seems like there is progress for the first time ever. 

I have only lived here for 3.5 years, but has there ever been this much "progress" on the site before?

0 work has been done before.