Carolina Panthers

Forgetting everything else (and there's a *lot* to forget), it is downright embarrassing that with the ball on the ATL 32 with 1:42 left, the coaching staff gives up on a touchdown, and instead runs 3 running plays into the line.  Even if you make the 40+ yard field goal (which you didn't), you still give ATL and Matt Ryan a minute and a half to go back down and get their own field goal.  So timid.  So stupid.  Riverboat Ron my butt.

• Like 1

I hate that I have to keep watching this stupid team.  8-7-1?  Honestly, 6-9-1 may win this terrible division.  Despite our coaching staff and GM and bad players (only a couple things to fix...right?.... :huh: ) we still have a shot.  Which means I'll still watch the sadness.  Go Panthers, something, something.

Forgetting everything else (and there's a *lot* to forget), it is downright embarrassing that with the ball on the ATL 32 with 1:42 left, the coaching staff gives up on a touchdown, and instead runs 3 running plays into the line. Even if you make the 40+ yard field goal (which you didn't), you still give ATL and Matt Ryan a minute and a half to go back down and get their own field goal. So timid. So stupid. Riverboat Ron my butt.

... All this during a hot streak while Cam Newton was actually torching them for a third straight drive!?!? At least go for it on third down, they already were down to one time out and a first down practically wins the game. Can our coaches not remember the gutsy calls are what made this team dangerous in clutch time last year? A 50-yard kick is never a safe call anyway.

Edited by MilZ

Somebody has to win the division, and that team will HOST a playoff game.

Games left:

NO: in div = home CAR, home ATL, at TB ; other = at PIT, at CHI

CAR: in div = at NO, home TB, at ATL ; other = at MIN, home CLE

ATL: in div = at NO, home CAR ; other = home ARI, at GB, home PIT

I guess NO is best off, since they have two div games at home, but they have to go to PIT and CHI.

CAR is faced with going to both ATL and NO in div, but gets CLE at home and MIN (who is presumably weakest among all out-of-div opponents).

ATL looks like doom on paper going to NO, and also having to go to GB and hosting ARI and PIT.

Unless I’m missing something, those all 3 control their own destiny.

TB is not eliminated, but they would need a ton of help, plus they still play CIN, DET, and GB.

Games left:

I guess NO is best off, since they have two div games at home, but they have to go to PIT and CHI.

CAR is faced with going to both ATL and NO in div, but gets CLE at home and MIN (who is presumably weakest among all out-of-div opponents).

ATL looks like doom on paper going to NO, and also having to go to GB and hosting ARI and PIT.

TB is not eliminated, but they would need a ton of help, plus they still play CIN, DET, and GB.

Chicago is garbage, but yes NO sucks on the road. Cleveland better beat the Panthers, yeesh (going to that game), and yes MIN stinks, but I think it will definitely be between the Panthers and NO, ATL and TB have no shot.

Games left:

Scary (and sad) to think that as bad as the Panthers have been they could be in first place by the end of the weekend. 

Gonna be another long day in Panthers football. Let's hope they can somehow eek out a win.

^^^ I was right, can we all stop pretending they even have a remote shot at the playoffs now? They absolutely need to sit Cam, let him get healthy. Fire Ron, he's abandoned his entire coaching style that made him successful last year, so what good is he (I know they won't do this)?

Edited by Jayvee
  • Like 2

Gonna be another long day in Panthers football. Let's hope they can somehow eek out a win.

^^^ I was right, can we all stop pretending they even have a remote shot at the playoffs now? They absolutely need to sit Cam, let him get healthy. Fire Ron, he's abandoned his entire coaching style that made him successful last year, so what good is he (I know they won't do this)?

Fire Shula... Hire someone who has experience using the type of personnel we have on offense. Get players to buy into the system, and start restructuring as many contracts as possible. Promise Cam a lifetime supply of Uggs, high water jeans and pastel sweaters in exchange for a less than max contract.

Fire Shula... Hire someone who has experience using the type of personnel we have on offense. Get players to buy into the system, and start restructuring as many contracts as possible. Promise Cam a lifetime supply of Uggs, high water jeans and pastel sweaters in exchange for a less than max contract.

And draft Amari Cooper from Alabama. Drop Byron Bell. Get a real offensive line. Trade for Jim Harbaugh. And free beer for everyone...

And draft Amari Cooper from Alabama. Drop Byron Bell. Get a real offensive line. Trade for Jim Harbaugh. And free beer for everyone...

Cheers.

I predict a 2-13-1 finish. :whistling:

so they are going to strip a win from us?

Twitter reports all over the place -- some say both legs visibly broken -- others show chopper pic of him on stretcher with no visible leg trauma.  Saying his car got flipped over by somebody running a red light.  Man, Twitter is great for instant news, but it's no exactly reliable and/or trustworthy.