Carolina Panthers

At the very least the Panthers have a slightly better chance against the Eagles now that Nick Foles is out for the season.  Sure they have a decent backup QB in Sanchez, but at least he won't mesh quite as well with his offensive line.  Let's at least hope our QB can mesh with his this week...

I dunno, I feel like Sanchez meshes quite well with his O-lines...

giphy.gif

• Like 2

We need our offense from the Bengals game and defense from the Seahawks game, for the rest of the season. We will debut this strategy on prime time Monday night, despite being picked to loose by all 8 ESPN analyst before the game. The excitement will spark a national wave of support for "Cam and the Cats", which will fire up the entire organization. That will make it easy to win the division, going undefeated from here on out, including getting revenge on the Saints in the Superdome, snapping their 2-year home winning streak. So easy.

When Delhomme was QB, we would be thrilled at the hail Marys or the last minute long pass to Smith, Mohammad, or whomever was the receiver. We don't see that witnb Newton. He can't throw an accurate long pass most of the time. He either throws it too far away or to the other team. He doesn't win games with his passing skills. In my opinion, if he didn't gain yardage from running the ball, he wouldn't be worthy of his position. It is a rare occasion that he is as good as the opposing team's quarterback. Watch carefully when we play the Saints for example. We need to give Anderson more of an opportunity if he want is.

Delhomme had one really bad season and was fired. Newton had one good one and he is "superman" and still working. Give me a break.

Just my opinion and I apologize in advance if I piss you off.

Did you miss last season? Cam had game winning drives vs Miami, New England, New Orleans.

Also Newton's weapons do not compare to Delhomme's weapons.

Cam has been in the Pro Bowl twice, he was the rookie of the year, and he went 12-4 last year.  Cut the boy some slack.  Every quarterback has bad seasons.  It's the Carolina Panthers he's playing for, in two decades ALL of our QB's have had bad seasons, bar none.  It comes with the turf of being behind center as a Panther. 

When Brees, Brady, and Peyton Manning are retired, who are going to be the QB's that everyone talks about?  Andrew Luck certainly has to make the list, but what other young quarterback really stands out right now?  No, overall, Cam does not.  You have to have a good OL around you, healthy running backs/fullbacks behind you, and some well rounded receivers/tight ends to make a QB shine with his arm.  Right now, Cam ONLY has Greg Olsen, that's it.  How can you win over pundits with a single tight end to aim for?  Kelvin is great at WR, really, he just isn't consistent enough right now; few rookie receivers ever turn out to be awesome their first year.  What Gettlemen needs to be doing right now is focusing on who is going to back up our QB's strengths: get him an O-Line back, get him at least one more target, and for God's sake, please find someone who is willing to let DeAngelo Williams run outside!  The guy does nothing up the middle...

Our secondary sucked last year and we made it work, this year it's a joke.  Tack onto the fact that we're out Hardy, who was an unmatched force (sacks don't mean everything) last year, and you have a recipe for disaster.

If you're going to point fingers, point it at the fact that everyone knew this year was going to be a disaster.  It's supposed to be.  Jerry Richardson almost prides himself on "building years" to get ready for the next.  Our team last year was the best team we've had since the Cardiac Cats took us to the Superbowl to only be out-cheated by Bill Belichick.  Just in case you forgot, last year's team included Cam Newton.

Edited by AuLukey
  • Like 2

Wow they are really bad. Well on a positive note. The 2015 draft class is looking to be very strong and we won't even have to try to lose a bunch more games. They'll easily do that on their own.

I hope Cam doesn't sign with the Panthers.  He deserves better.  The dude just looks demoralized.  It's a good thing he is gigantic, if it had been pretty much any other QB outside of Big Ben, his season probably would have been over after last night with those hits.  Cam still spent the entire night hobbling to the line of scrimmage in obvious pain, only to watch Jerricho Cotchery get covered 1 on 1 by a freaking line backer.

Cam has shown, with proper protection and WR's that can actually get separation, that he is a pro-bowl caliber quarterback.  It astonishes me to read people this morning calling for us to draft a QB.  Do people really believe Marcus Marriotta would flourish with this offensive line?  Or an FA like Kyle Orton or Ryan Fitzpatrick??  They'd be dead.

Cam should go somewhere where they actually appreciate his talent and I hope he blows it up.  This franchise enrages me sometimes.

Is there anything that can be done about the O-line and the secondary this year?  Aren't there guys on practice squads somewhere that can do better?  Or is it just wait until next year?  

Seriously, anybody talking of draft picks or free agents OTHER than O-line and secondary --- they aren't seeing what I'm seeing.

Is there anything that can be done about the O-line and the secondary this year?  Aren't there guys on practice squads somewhere that can do better?  Or is it just wait until next year?  

Seriously, anybody talking of draft picks or free agents OTHER than O-line and secondary --- they aren't seeing what I'm seeing.

We are currently starting TWO UDFA linemen.  We spent $16.3m on our Oline this year, the league average is $20.5m.  We spent $13m less than the Eagles did on their Oline.  See all that time Mark Sanchez had last night?  Looked like a superstar.  Because he had protection.

There isn't really anything that can be done at this point.  Anyone we could have spent money on, is playing for another team.  This season is done, because we just can't block.  Our run blocking is so bad, that teams can sit back and just play nickle and dime packages and rush 3 or 4 men and still get pressure.  

The Eagles basically rushed 3 D-lineman last night, had both ILB's play spy on Newton and cover underneath, and then had 4 CB's and 2 safety's out there, coating our crappy WR's.  It all stems from line play.  If we can't run, they can play dime and then you are dead to rights in the passing game.  What's even worse is we can't block the 3 man rush to even give Newton time to work through his progressions of potentially open receivers.

I hope Cam doesn't sign with the Panthers.  He deserves better.  The dude just looks demoralized.  It's a good thing he is gigantic, if it had been pretty much any other QB outside of Big Ben, his season probably would have been over after last night with those hits.  Cam still spent the entire night hobbling to the line of scrimmage in obvious pain, only to watch Jerricho Cotchery get covered 1 on 1 by a freaking line backer.

I agree that he shouldn't sign, this reminds me of the Browns days of old where it was basically a career death sentence to go play in Cleveland. There is nothing the Panthers can do over the next 2 years (unless they make some DRASTIC/EPIC changes) and time is not on a player like Cam's side. He needs to move on and we need to rebuild.

That being said, if you would have told me at the beginning of the season that the by week 11 the Browns would be on top of the toughest division in football with a legitimate shot at the playoffs and the Panthers would have a losing record.....well I wouldn't have believed you about the Browns part.  :shades:

I had to work last night so I'm glad I didn't get stuck watching this debacle other than checking my twitter feed. This team is in complete disarray from the ground up. Cam is banged up (it was revealed he has a 2nd foot injury). He can't set his feet like he needs to so he can throw passes like he should because of that. The O-Line is a complete joke which as been mentioned. Heck. Mark Sanchez played like a Pro Bowl QB because he wasn't running for his life all night. We all know Shula needs to go, now I question whether Rivera shouldn't go with him as well. I think he got lucky a lot last year. The team was exposed in the playoff game against San Fran in January. We just didn't realize it at the time and chalked it up to a team growing up with their first playoff game in 5 years. If I'm the Panthers, round 1, 2 and 3 of my draft picks in 2015 are offensive linemen. 

We all know Shula needs to go, now I question whether Rivera shouldn't go with him as well. I think he got lucky a lot last year. The team was exposed in the playoff game against San Fran in January. We just didn't realize it at the time and chalked it up to a team growing up with their first playoff game in 5 years. If I'm the Panthers, round 1, 2 and 3 of my draft picks in 2015 are offensive linemen. 

Careful how you say "we" a lot of people knew at the time that team was deceptively 12-4. That being said, they need to sit Cam and let him get healthy, do not do any more damage, count this season as a loss and rebuild in the draft and FA. They're lucky they are in the division they are otherwise they easily could have been first to worst.

Careful how you say "we" a lot of people knew at the time that team was deceptively 12-4. That being said, they need to sit Cam and let him get healthy, do not do any more damage, count this season as a loss and rebuild in the draft and FA. They're lucky they are in the division they are otherwise they easily could have been first to worst.

That's why I said they were exposed in the playoff game... They could have easily been a 9-7 or 10-6 team sitting at home last year. They won't sit Cam until the season is lost for good. Even then, they'd probably still put him out on the field with a pop-warner OL.

I agree.  Put Cam on IR, start DA and let him be cannon fodder for the remainder of the season.  Let Cam get healthy.

I agree.  Put Cam on IR, start DA and let him be cannon fodder for the remainder of the season.  Let Cam get healthy.

I don't disagree with this either. But with the current dysfunction of this team, I'd be hard pressed to believe they would go that route. They just keep putting him out there to get pounded every week. 

I don't disagree with this either. But with the current dysfunction of this team, I'd be hard pressed to believe they would go that route. They just keep putting him out there to get pounded every week.

I don't think Cam would be happy sitting out if he can play.

• Like 1

I don't think Cam would be happy sitting out if he can play.

There's a difference between being happy and "able" to play and happy and fully capable. He is not fully capable right now and he's got to know that. He looked dejected last night, he looked washed out and totally indifferent. They have to see the writing on the wall, let N.O. have this year and let your star get healthy. But unfortunately, wend is probably right and they'll leave him out there.

I can't contain my excitement that the browns are 11, never thought I'd see the day. That being said the entire NFC South is ranked 19 and below. That is hilariously pathetic. Panthers at 22

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

Edited by Jayvee

Man, as terrible as our team is, how we can be ranked 22nd is beyond me.  It just goes to show you how many terrible teams there are this year.  The fact that last night's game could have put us back in first in the NFC South is sickening.

If I were Cam's agent, I'd be buying some plane tickets right about now.  I'm sure teams in the NFL are savvy to what's really happening here and ignoring the general public's ignorance.

But hey, at least we get to play Tampa Bay again!  Actually, if there is any positive news for the rest of the season, we still have a bye week for Cam to get healthier, and the last six games this year are against teams that have a combined record of 21-33 this season.  The Panthers only opponent left with a winning record is the.... Browns :shok:

Edited by AuLukey