Carolina Panthers

• 1 month later...

"With the change, the team will have three full-length practice fields instead of one.

In December, the Panthers said announced they were going to donate the dome. They haven’t said who will receive it."

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/panthers-practice-bubble-taken-down-upgraded-training-facilities-works/57AFMVYTHVGZZAUTTHG5MP7CIU/

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

"With the change, the team will have three full-length practice fields instead of one.

In December, the Panthers said announced they were going to donate the dome. They haven’t said who will receive it."

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/panthers-practice-bubble-taken-down-upgraded-training-facilities-works/57AFMVYTHVGZZAUTTHG5MP7CIU/

The secrecy on this one is weird.  For years they needed an indoor facility.  Then they remove the one they have, do a vague "practice fields / accessory building" rezoning, and now just have more outdoor fields and no inside facility.   Back to practicing in the ballroom I guess. LOL.  You have to assume Tepper has his eye building an indoor facility somewhere right?  Heck this is a step back. Why would we need three full size practice fields w/o an indoor field?  I am have been to Wofford for camp and can't ever remember them using three fields at once.  I mean some guys might be rehabbing on the one field but that's about it.  

We go from construction of a state of the art practice facility to removing an indoor facility, adding a grass field and moving a parking lot. 

• Haha 1

I've wondered about what they will do about an indoor facility too. That world-class headquarters would be close to opening if it wasn't razed, right?

It's surprising they haven't announced their plans for, well, anything. Stadium? Practice/Training facility? Entertainment district?

• Like 2

I'm not too bothered about Rock Hill plans falling through. While it would've been a top-notch facility, if it means a closer uptown location or keeping it in North Carolina, I'm cool with the delay. On another note, I'm excited Tepper's keeping preseason training in Charlotte instead of Wofford—makes my drive (or train ride) from Raleigh easier. I get I might be in the minority on this though...

Edited by J.Kirk
  • Like 4

The Owners of the Titans fired our coach, and he was not even that bad. Sometimes I wish we could fire our owners. However, they are building us a new stadium, but their decision-making ability is baffling sometimes. Vrabel will probably be better off wherever he lands.

Hopefully things will get better foy you guys. 

• Like 2

Looks like some details are slowly coming in on Panthers plans for the practice facility.  Earlier reports appeared to reference expansion in a lot behind he stadium (across the tracks) but updates in the Biz Journal  show that the expansion will be on the other side of the existing practice field, on an existing gravel parking lot (between Johnson & Wales property and the tracks).  It would extend the site to 4th Street.  Upgrades will include a Field House with up to 5,000 seats, along with other amenities.  

With training camp expected to be in Charlotte this offseason, at least some of this would likely have to be done quickly.

• Like 1