Carolina Panthers

If we sign Cam to a long term contract, his cap number will most likely stay the same or go down next year, not up. Letting D Willy go will go further towards free agency and giving Stewart and Fozzy more touches.

I will miss Deangelo though. He was a class act and deservedly a fan favorite.

Yeah for sure, it was time to move on and we have some promising young replacements for him anyway. New era for the Panthers, hopefully a winning one?

• Like 1

Panthers release DeAngelo Williams, part of spring cleaning, and almost expected to be honest. My guess is Cam is asking for a lot (unjustifiably if you ask me) and they're trying to make sure they can cover him and Luke next year. 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12370157/deangelo-williams-released-carolina-panthers

Nobody will mistaken Cam for Peyton or Brady, but you have to the pay the man. We all remember what life was like before he arrived here. And let's be honest, he doesn't exactly have first ballot hall of famers blocking or catch for him. I think the Panthers can win with Cam. They just need more of the right guys around him..

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

In the "obviously" news of the month. The Panthers resign Greg Olsen. 3 years worth $22.5 million

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12428746/carolina-panthers-sign-pro-bowl-te-greg-olsen-3-year-extension-worth-225-million

hopefully Greg stays a Panther until he retires.  He has a huge impact in the community, following in the footsteps of Thomas Davis and is a leader on the field.  And, as much as we all get frustrated with Jerry Richardson, the support Jerry showed for Greg's family during their son's surgery was great to see.

According to Adam Schefter "Panthers announce they have signed OT Michael Oher to a two-year contract." That's a decent pickup for that struggling line. Good start to the off season signings for the Panthers.

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Panthers-sign-OT-Oher/30c49f5a-6249-4928-bc30-2c679dfc213e

Edited by Jayvee
  • Like 1

According to Adam Schefter "Panthers announce they have signed OT Michael Oher to a two-year contract." That's a decent pickup for that struggling line. Good start to the off season signings for the Panthers.

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Panthers-sign-OT-Oher/30c49f5a-6249-4928-bc30-2c679dfc213e

He's had a couple rough years, but at least it's nice to have an experienced OT on the left. Hopefully his mother, Sandra Bullock, will be visiting Charlotte on Sundays this fall. I might get season tickets.

• 2 weeks later...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12493311/safety-kurt-coleman-signs-2-year-deal-carolina-panthers

Panthers signed Kurt Coleman (solid addition to the horrendous backfield) and Hardy is going to go to the Cowboys, good riddance. 

Hardy is now officially a Cowboy.

Edited by Jayvee

• 1 month later...

Leave it to the NFL ... Very likely the Panthers will see Greg Hardy this year after all. Panthers to play their first ever Thanksgiving Day game at Dallas... #BeatTheCowgirls 

Rest of the schedule will come out this evening at 8pm.

UPDATE: Panthers have TWO primetime home games this year too. Eagles on SNF, 10/25 then Colts on MNF 11/02... Pretty exciting. Let's hope they are trending upwards on the wins this year. 

Edited by wend28

WOO! Finally, for the first time since I've lived here, there is a panthers regular season game against the Giants, at the Meadowlands. You all know I'll be there. Now I just need to find a time to fly down to CLT to see a game.

Based on 2014 records, the nfc south got gifted with schedules. Falcons have the easiest, TB is 4th, NO is 5th and Carolina is 6th. I gotta say though, that is a tough "6th easiest" schedule. They're gonna have to play the heck out of the division and I think it'll come down to us and ATL again, I think they will be much improved this year.

That being said. The NFC south being at the bottom is skewed by the fact they all play each other twice and all sucked last year. If you took the division out of it, I would say the Panthers have one of the toughest and the Falcons still have one of the easiest.

Edited by Jayvee

Based on 2014 records, the nfc south got gifted with schedules. Falcons have the easiest, TB is 4th, NO is 5th and Carolina is 6th. I gotta say though, that is a tough "6th easiest" schedule. They're gonna have to play the heck out of the division and I think it'll come down to us and ATL again, I think they will be much improved this year.

That being said. The NFC south being at the bottom is skewed by the fact they all play each other twice and all sucked last year. If you took the division out of it, I would say the Panthers have one of the toughest and the Falcons still have one of the easiest.

Agree that the Panthers schedule looks tougher on paper, especially that stretch of playing Seattle, Philly, Indy, GB..

Yet the Super Bowl Champion Patriots only play FOUR playoff teams from last year. On top of the fact they play in the AFC East. Their preseason schedule looks more daunting. What a joke. 

Edited by wend28

^And Greg Hardy's first game back from that suspension will be against the Panthers... HOW convenient, NFL..

Poor Cam, thats the game that Greg Hardy breaks the sack record. 

The NFL suspended Greg Hardy for 10 games without pay. Hahahaha good move picking him up Jerry

Jerry was smart in the way he structured the contract since Hardy will only get his base ($750k) + 6 game roster bonus ($578k/game). Total comp will be about $5M if he plays all six games and gets his workout bonus ($1.3M). The suspension will make it really hard for him to hit any performance bonuses. Pretty big step down from the $13M he received from the Panthers.

Plus he paid his ex $1M to settle. Tight times in the Hardy household.

Current Google Maps satellite image shows BofA filling up before a Panthers game this season:  linky.

I think someone mentioned that it was last year's Bears game when the map originally updated... Just in case someone wants to find their car from above or something, which is the first thing I looked for haha