The Bad News Report

tozmervo

1 hour ago, mpretori said:

I'm pretty sure everyone knows who is responsible. Just dont remind them too much. 

The idiots in the GA are the only group who gains anything from silence. Everybody else loses.

Edited by kermit
  • Like 2

Why do I have the feeling that Berger and Moore are now thinking about ways to defund the CRVA?

edit: calling Bruce Springsteen unamerican has also been added to their to do list.

Edited by kermit
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, mpretori said:

If the opposition is smart, they will utilize this with maximum effort. This is such clear and utter bs it might as well read "McCrory has no idea what he is doing and flying by the seat of his pants." I can already see campaign ads: When jobs, conventions, concerts and more are being lost in NC, where was the governor? In hiding, feigning "sick" 

• Like 4

From the Daily Kos: http://www.dailykos.com/

Jen_Headshot_Smallest.jpg?1454080621
Friday Apr 08, 2016 · 3:56 PM EDT

39/ 42 Comments 1948 Shares  Tweet
RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL - SEPTEMBER 21:  Bruce Springsteen performs on stage during a concert in the Rock in Rio Festival on September 21, 2013 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. (Photo by Buda Mendes/Getty Images)

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band have canceled their scheduled concert in North Carolina. The band is taking a stand against discrimination and North Carolina’s ridiculous new “bathroom” law.

Some things are more important than a rock show and this fight against prejudice and bigotry—which is happening as I write—is one of them.

NEW: Bruce Springsteen cancels upcoming performance in North Carolina due to new 'anti-LGBT' law.

CfizK5tVIAA7rAg.jpg

12:29 PM - 8 Apr 2016

Edited by QCxpat
full Statement from Bruce Springsteen on NC
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Piedmont767 said:

20th April, I think?

Is it accessible to the public to an extent? I am assuming there will be A TON of people there, but I think we need to get the word out as much as possible to create a massive presence at the capitol in Raleigh.

I actually just looked it up, the Senate and House meet April 25

Edited by Jayvee
  • Like 1

Springsteen's show won't be the last one to be cancelled either. Just wait until events, job creations, etc start getting canceled in Raleigh and other eastern parts of the state... These idiots will have no choice but to repeal this law. Millions of lost tax revenue is something that will eventually take its toll. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HopHead said:

Springsteen's show won't be the last one to be cancelled either. Just wait until events, job creations, etc start getting canceled in Raleigh and other eastern parts of the state... These idiots will have no choice but to repeal this law. Millions of lost tax revenue is something that will eventually take its toll. 

Something tells me a lot of these idiots would love to see NC revert back to rural farm land though...It's past the point of beliefs. It's where you just gotta suck it up if you dont "believe in it" and stop with the phony safety issue and do whats best for the land you are supposedly supposed to serve. Which they won't do. shrug. Okay sorry for doing this on a main thread. i am done

Edited by Jayvee
  • Like 2

I can't help but think that blaming Charlotte or the mayor or the city council for HB2 and it's fallout is akin to blaming a rape victim for getting raped because their skirt was too short.  We were only trying to look nice, we weren't asking to be violated.

35 minutes ago, abttown said:

I can't help but think that blaming Charlotte or the mayor or the city council for HB2 and it's fallout is akin to blaming a rape victim for getting raped because their skirt was too short.  We were only trying to look nice, we weren't asking to be violated.

I know how many will take what I'm about to say, but I think the proper analogy is more likely something like: an animal rights activist breaks into a bear enclosure at a zoo in order to free the animals. Instead, they are mauled by the bears and killed. They were good-intentioned but should have known better.

Before the ordinance was passed, McCrory emailed the city council: " In an email Sunday, Gov. Pat McCrory said the bathroom provision would likely cause “immediate” action by legislators. " The entire article detailing the vote and the not-so-subtle warnings given by members of the NCGA before this was passed can be read here.

Also, those blaming Roberts do not understand how Charlotte Government works. The city council holds almost all the power, and they are responsible for the passage of the ordinance; for better or worse.

For what it's worth, I was curious to see employee reviews on Indeed.com for Paypal.  As a Human Resources Manager myself, employee reviews of this nature can be read and spun in a lot of ways, but one thing I did find intriguing is the negativity from employees seems to have a significant starting point with PayPal's split from Ebay.

http://www.indeed.com/cmp/Paypal/reviews