The Bad News Report

tozmervo

1 hour ago, Piedmont767 said:

I would like to encourage you all to email McCrory, this is the email I wrote, if you would like to use it as a template please do!

To Governor McCrory, 

I am a resident of Charlotte. I voted for you in the 2012 Gubernatorial election, based on your tenure as Mayor of Charlotte, I had up and till that point voted Democrat, I expected you to help our state and my city. You were a moderate that appealed to many here in Charlotte, both Republicans and Democrats, yet you have become increasingly conservative. You have been focusing on the Republican-majority small counties to help prop up you Governorship running up to this election. North Carolina, till 2013, was considered a progressive state and model to the rest of this great nation. 

Please know that I will be voting for Roy Cooper this November, based on your acts as Governor such as threatening to cut light rail funding, signing into law a bill that limited economic incentives, trying to take Charlotte/Douglas Airport from the City of Charlotte, and finally House Bill 2.

House Bill 2 isn't just about transgender rights, but also about clinching more control for Democratic-majority cities like Charlotte and Chapel Hill.

You and the North Carolina General Assembly claim that House Bill 2 does not discriminate against anyone but rather protects women and children from sexual predators. A sexual predator would dress up as a woman/man anyway to get into the opposite gender's bathroom, the Charlotte ordinance did not allow this. 

You also claim that House Bill 2 will not hurt North Carolina's attempt to attract business, but have you listened to the news? PayPal will not go forward with their Charlotte expansion, that is 400 jobs paying an average of $51,000 gone, Red Ventures is considering cancelling plans to hire a further 500 jobs in the Charlotte area, Novo Nordisk is reconsidering a Greensboro pharmaceuticals plant, and executives at a majority of America's leading businesses and corporations have spoken out against House Bill 2.

House Bill 2 has embarrassed and harmed North Carolina's image, many other Governors have vetoed similar bills to avoid the backlash that North Carolina has faced, If you wish to limit the affect of House Bill 2 and begin to regain the trust of the Charlotte area, I urge you to repeal House Bill 2 in the upcoming session. 

Thank you, 

My name 

EDIT- Great! There is a typo! (in bold) That "for" should be "from". 

I'm not in any way trying to be a d#ck; just the opposite. I want to improve the chances your email is effective. There are a few more grammar/spelling mistakes you might want to correct. No need to give anyone a silly reason to discount the points you're making. (I know that often times it's auto correct that is the cause of these mistakes.)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jednc said:

I'm not in any way trying to be a d#ck; just the opposite. I want to improve the chances your email is effective. There are a few more grammar/spelling mistakes you might want to correct. No need to give anyone a silly reason to discount the points you're making. (I know that often times it's auto correct that is the cause of these mistakes.)

Yeah, I hear ya! My spelling and grammar isn't the best anyway, plus that was a hastily written email that I wrote between flights. 

Anyway, whilst this is just galley gossip, I've heard that AA is considering reducing service from NC in protest against HB2. Personally I think it seems unlikely but I thought I'd share with y'all.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Piedmont767 said:

/\ I thought Red Ventures was considering their job expansions. I don't think they are actually saying they won't hire those 500 workers. 

I Edited. 

“As a CEO who is committed to expanding our Charlotte presence by 500 people in 2016 and thousands after that, I am forced to seriously reconsider adding more jobs in a state that tolerates discrimination and allows political interests to interfere with doing what is right for all citizens,” CEO did say that. So i assume a large number of jobs were going to be added in the university area? Hopefully they dont back out, but looks like the state is blacklisted. 

3 minutes ago, Miesian Corners said:

Legislators Call on Bank of America to Move HQ to CT Amid Controversial Civil Rights Laws

This will go nowhere, but it's noteworthy that other legislatures are now using HB2 as a means of recruiting jobs away from NC/

Attempting to fill the gap of the impending relocation of GE to Boston!

T

7 minutes ago, Miesian Corners said:

Legislators Call on Bank of America to Move HQ to CT Amid Controversial Civil Rights Laws

This will go nowhere, but it's noteworthy that other legislatures are now using HB2 as a means of recruiting jobs away from NC/

Yea, it will go nowhere. Connecticut is one of the least business friendly states in the country. There's a reason companies are leaving there and it has nothing to do with equal treatment of anyone. 

7 hours ago, ah59396 said:

Just, no.  We are all aware of your position on HB2, which is fine, you are entitled to it.  But losing the East Coast operation of PayPal and 400 new jobs is not warranting of a smiley face.  Get out of here with that crap.

7 hours ago, ah59396 said:

Just, no.  We are all aware of your position on HB2, which is fine, you are entitled to it.  But losing the East Coast operation of PayPal and 400 new jobs is not warranting of a smiley face.  Get out of here with that crap.

Grow up. Do you really think that is why they are going to Cuba where they kill homosexuals. They used it as an excuse to change their minds. It worked. If you don't like my crap, you get out of here. You don't know my position on HB2. I think the bathroom section is a bit stupid, but I really don't give a rats a$$ about it overall. I just wish some pretty people would demonstrate. A poor representation of supporters is shown.

5 minutes ago, caterpillar2 said:

So PayPal that is so sensitive to the treatment of LGBT are going to relocate to Cuba in protest of passing the bill.  Great move.  Oh yea, they kill gays in Cuba.  Bottom line, the bad news about PayPal isn't bad in the way we thought.

Stop with this foreign civil rights crap. We pay NC taxes, lets worry about our state. Ok? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Miesian Corners said:

yeah, homosexuality has been legal in Cuba since 1979.

But hey, why take 15 seconds to do a simple Google search when you can just make stuff up like caterpillar? I wonder what he did with the 15 seconds he saved?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Miesian Corners said:

What we hear about the wonderful health system and this crap is great to those that actually believe it is true. I have lots of Cuban refugee friends that would love to discuss the issue. It is "not" a free, LGBT friendly country. It is a facade.

Edited by caterpillar2

2 minutes ago, caterpillar2 said:

What we hear about the wonderful health system and this crap is great to those that actually believe it is true. I have lots of Cuban refugee friends that would love to discuss the issue. It is "not" a free, LGBT friendly country. It is a facade.

Now it's about the health system. Man these bigots are funny. They are grasping for straws. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Miesian Corners said:

Where's metroboi when you need him? :tw_glasses:

I miss you Monsoon! you'd have banned some people by now. :-( Probably me... but others too lol

Edited by Guest

33 minutes ago, mpretori said:

Now it's about the health system. Man these bigots are funny. They are grasping for straws. 

And these silly liberals will believe Cuba is a paradise that welcomes LGBT.  Too funny. Unless you know what you are talking about, maybe you should not comment. And, you don't. Ask a Cuban.

28 minutes ago, gman430 said:

I honestly hope more companies follow PayPal and pull out of North Carolina just to show how stupid this new law is. 

I just notice that you claim to be from the Greenville/Spartanburg area?  Do you also hope that if they pull out, they go to S.C.?  Good thinking :)