Charlotte Hornets and the Arena

Raintree21

Hornets won by 28 last night and I'm not even sure it was that close. Most of the starters sat the entire 4th quarter. Lots of "purple".. "teal" chants last night in the nose bleeds which was cool. Definitely enjoyed not sitting through a nail biter which has essentially seemed like every game up until the last 3. The team is now 3-0 without Lance. As ah59396 said, way better without him.

• 3 weeks later...

Fun wins the last two nights.  It was strange to see them run last night, and also take it to the hole with frequency -- almost like Clifford told them "okay, we're only dressing 9, so go have fun and we'll see what happens".

The Hornets are 2 games out of 8th place.  Huge log-jam for positions 7 through 13.  They obviously need to beat the teams they should, win a large majority of the log-jammers, and win a few surprises -- like last night.

Fun wins the last two nights.  It was strange to see them run last night, and also take it to the hole with frequency -- almost like Clifford told them "okay, we're only dressing 9, so go have fun and we'll see what happens".

The Hornets are 2 games out of 8th place.  Huge log-jam for positions 7 through 13.  They obviously need to beat the teams they should, win a large majority of the log-jammers, and win a few surprises -- like last night.

We get the ultimate gift satruday night, in that we play the hapless Knicks with no Melo or Stoudamire.  This is a game we should win by 40.  We better not blow it.

Kemba is becoming more than just a borderline stud star. averaging 30 points a game over the last 4 and 26.5 in January.

He will be averaging 21-22 by the end of the year, mark my words.

If he's not the NBA player of the week this week, I'll be very disappointed.

post-17104-0-38838200-1420813011_thumb.p

Edited by Guest

I didn't think they had a shot at all in winning last night... Second night of a back-to-back coming off a come from behind victory. Late night flight up to Toronto. Only nine guys dressing. One of the better teams, at least record wise, in the NBA who had not played since Sunday. Kemba has really turned up is game. His turnover-to-assist ratio is the 2nd best in the league now behind Chris Paul, who is regularly regarded as the best Point Guard in the league. Henderson has been playing well as of late as well. He had 31 points last night. Hope they keep it up. Perhaps they caught a little bit of the Panther's December mojo....

Hornets were a 12-point underdog last night, and I would have bet anything they'd lose by more than that -- just for the reasons you state.  That's why I'm not a bettor!

5-0 against Raptors in last 2 years. I expected a win. They way Kemba, Cody and Hendo have been balling... I just expected it. Then Cody was called out at game time and I got a little nervous.

We get the ultimate gift satruday night, in that we play the hapless Knicks with no Melo or Stoudamire.  This is a game we should win by 40.  We better not blow it.

Point of order -- it's Saturday 1pm.  Still don't understand that.  Unless they purposely did it to avoid the NFL playoff games, but that doesn't seem likely.  Maybe another event at MSG -- hmmm, looks like Harvard and Yale are playing the "Rivalry on Ice" -- which is apparently a hockey game and not a musical production -- at 8pm.

And these "really should win" games make me NERVOUS.

• Like 2

Point of order -- it's Saturday 1pm.  Still don't understand that.  Unless they purposely did it to avoid the NFL playoff games, but that doesn't seem likely.  Maybe another event at MSG -- hmmm, looks like Harvard and Yale are playing the "Rivalry on Ice" -- which is apparently a hockey game and not a musical production -- at 8pm.

And these "really should win" games make me NERVOUS.

My CEO gave me his club seats so I'll be a couple rows from courtside :-) WOO!

I'll be watching for the beard and the Ricky Davis throwback jersey.

HAHAHA I'll be in my Kendall Gill Jersey (if it fits yet) and my wife will be in her Anthony Mason Jersey. 

Great article about what Ricky is up to though... 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1918176-ricky-davis-is-sorry-he-did-the-nba-wrong-hopes-to-earn-just-one-more-shot

Edited by Guest

Good God, I had forgotten Ricky Davis. Bet there are many who can say the same. I had season tix to the Hornets then and I now recall that that guy had HOP! Every game was another playground for him, a chance to shine and humiliate someone. It came, occasionally, but the hard work of playing with him and coaching him was more trouble than any winning effect he may have had. Thank you for the memories.

Good God, I had forgotten Ricky Davis. Bet there are many who can say the same. I had season tix to the Hornets then and I now recall that that guy had HOP! Every game was another playground for him, a chance to shine and humiliate someone. It came, occasionally, but the hard work of playing with him and coaching him was more trouble than any winning effect he may have had. Thank you for the memories.

This is still the most outrageous dunk ever to me. head over the rim.

another beer price data point (yes, I am obsessed).

United Center Chicago (Blackhawks): 16oz craft beer (OK, actually Goose Island) is $9.50 including tax 

Time Warner Charlotte (minor league hockey!): 16oz very good craft beer is $10.83 including tax

gezzus

That's insane. Why such a gouge here?

Simple economics. People keep paying the price... Until people refuse to pay that amount, they'll keep charging that price. Though, I admit I'm guilty. I buy the $10+ beers will continue to... Though, I wouldn't cry if they ever dropped the prices.  :alc: