Charlotte Hornets and the Arena

Raintree21

Does anyone know when the schedule for the season is announced? I need to get tickets for when they play the cavs so I can cheer on my hometown. It was so nice to blow off the dust from my old lebron gear.

Ugh... To you good sir...

I just realized this means my wife has a reason to be a Cavs fan again... Ugh x 2

I'm so tired of Cleveland winning EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shades:

This is the first time in my lifetime that where I was born and raised has been in the news for anything other than having crappy sports, rapists and murderers....I will absolutely have it  :good:

Ugh... To you good sir...

I just realized this means my wife has a reason to be a Cavs fan again... Ugh x 2

also this  :rofl:

but back to my question....i guess i could have just googled....the full schedule is announced in august.

Edited by Jayvee

This is the first time in my lifetime that where I was born and raised has been in the news for anything other than having crappy sports, rapists and murderers....I will absolutely have it  :good:

also this  :rofl:

but back to my question....i guess i could have just googled....the full schedule is announced in august.

Hey there are also murderers that stuff their victims into walls, thats pretty cool and unique.

Edited by Guest

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/07/16/5046890/lance-stephenson-agrees-to-terms.html

Hopefully between Stephenson and Hairston, we can this team focused on basketball. Regardless, great pickup for $9 mil a year!

HUGE pick-up.  I'm not worried about their off the court actions.  I think they will both be fine.  We've got a possible contender forming in the QC!

It's Cleveland, they will find a way to lose!

Oh WITHOUT question. It's what we do!!!

I love the Stephenson signing. If his output even comes close to Al Jefferson's from last year, this is a 50-win team easily. 

Can't say I love it....he's talented, but he is SUCH a moron, and like Hardy, is a total thug. They overpaid, I wouldn't pay $5 mil a year for what comes with him, let alone $9. I hope I am wrong and his output is outstanding and hopefully has some sense knocked into him.

Edited by Jayvee

Can't say I love it....he's talented, but he is SUCH a moron, and like Hardy, is a total thug. They overpaid, I wouldn't pay $5 mil a year for what comes with him, let alone $9. I hope I am wrong and his output is outstanding and hopefully has some sense knocked into him.

He's only guaranteed 2 years here, so I don't think it is really a big deal. We have some good guys in the locker room. Hopefully they'll rub off on him.

Let us know when Stephenson is arrested for beating his coked up girlfriend and threatens her with his room full of assault rifles. That's a thug.

$9M/yr is only $200k more than what Indiana was offering. They aren't breaking the bank for him like they were would have with Gordon. While his antics may be annoying for some you can't question his heart. He's being brought into a locker room with a lot of good chemistry. He won't disrupt that. If he does Clifford and the vets on this team should keep him in check. He'll bring a little bit swagger to this team which is needed.

• Like 1

Let us know when Stephenson is arrested for beating his coked up girlfriend and threatens her with his room full of assault rifles. That's a thug.

$9M/yr is only $200k more than what Indiana was offering. They aren't breaking the bank for him like they were would have with Gordon. While his antics may be annoying for some you can't question his heart. He's being brought into a locker room with a lot of good chemistry. He won't disrupt that. If he does Clifford and the vets on this team should keep him in check. He'll bring a little bit swagger to this team which is needed.

I am more worried about the chemistry than anything. The chemistry on that Pacers team was TERRIBLE. I am not saying that's all on him, but he doesn't know how to be in a cohesive locker room. I am not saying he isnt capable and it may very well turn out to be an incredible move (hope it is), it's just not a slam dunk, no pun intended. Just don't trust him yet.

Edited by Jayvee

I am more worried about the chemistry than anything. The chemistry on that Pacers team was TERRIBLE. I am not saying that's all on him, but he doesn't know how to be in a cohesive locker room. I am not saying he isnt capable, it's just not a slam dunk, no pun intended.

There were far more bad apples in the Pacer locker room than just one... That team could have been in the Finals if they had their s*** together.

His skill set is exactly where we needed to improve.  Only $9 mil for what he offers there is awesome.  If he's out of line at any point, we let MJ put all of his rings and backhand him. :)

If only we could have retained McBob as well.  The 4 spot is now the biggest remaining question, unless Zellar or Bismack can become reliable 30+ minute guys for this season.

• Like 1

Stephenson is absolutely not a thug. He is just a young player who let's his antics go a little too far. So he was trying to get a little deeper into Lebron's head and it clearly backfired on him and I wouldn't be surprised if the complete beatdown LeBron gave Lance after the infamous moment taught him a lesson and forced him to mature at least a little bit. Don't forget Stephenson was really the only one producing consistent results throughout Indiana's short playoff run. I agree with wend28 in that he has heart and wants to win. My only concern is his affinity with technicals. If the Hornets can break him of that then this will end up being a fantastic pick up at a fair price.

Also, I like that there is only two guaranteed years with this deal. I would like to think this would force him to be on his best behavior in order to get picked up for a third.

Yeah....this was an amazing signing.  It is a great contract for both the Hornets and Lance.

Hornets win because if he becomes an issue, they can trade him before the 2016 trade deadline, and a team can pick up decent talent value and have an expiring contract going into the massive 2016 free agency.  If he works out, they can use the team option, or sign him to something longer term before he hits free agency.

Lance wins because he wanted this short term contract to bet on himself.  He realizes his antics probably cost some money, but also believes that he is a max-contract type player in a few years, so this short-term contract provides every incentive for him to be an all-star type player for the next 2 years, as opposed to 4-5 year deal players who coast in their first year (cough...tyrus...cough...thomas)

He will provide swagger.  He also provides interesting line-ups.  You can play Hendo and Stepenson at the same time when you want offense, or Stephenson and MKG when you need defense.  I suspect they start him and MKG, and bring Hendo off the bench.

This team, has potential to be a top 3 team in the east, and could win the East in 2 years IF (and this is a lot of qualifiers):

1) Big Al stays healthy and productive

2) Cody Zeller continues to improve and can be a 10 pt / 7 rb type of player

3) MKG develops ANY sort of range, and can consistently contribute 12 pts/game

That's ~75 pts from starters and having Vonleh/Williams, Hendo, Roberts, Jeff Taylor, Bismack should be good for ~25 pts off the bench.....100 pts plus better defense (maybe) should win 57 games <---there is some math behind that number as opposed to a wild guess.

• Like 2

Before the Stephenson signing, bovada.lv had Hornets at 75:1 to win the championship -- now they are 50:1.  (That also might have moved a little due to Hairston's play in summer league.)

50:1 are 6th best odds in the East behind CHI, IND, MIA, WAS, and NYK.  That sounds about right for the East, and I'd take it ---- but I'm hoping for better.