Charlotte Knights AAA Ballpark in Third Ward

dubone

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta love the pano's with half-humans.

It's awesome that it has the 3 peaks of Vue-BOACC-DEC in the skyline view, although the Vue might get blocked some by the onsite hotel.

This project is chugging along.   It is funny that they are moving so fast after so many years of talking about it. 

You mean the next next big thing? :D re: Crescent

Haha, well of things that nothing seems to ALREADY be happening with. This parcel is the biggest no brainer in the city right now, sandwiched between the Ballpark and the Park. I'm sure it's in hot demand. I heard about a possible project going there MONTHS ago, but I think it ended up being a different site.

What is that white building that's there?? Is anything in it (I am assuming no)

The whole lot is owned by... drum roll please... preferred parking... 

Someone said that both of these buildings are currently being renovated though, for what I don't know. I haven't been able to find building permits for either.

They are neat store fronts from another era. 

http://goo.gl/maps/ZGa0X

Edited by Guest

I agree... Something with a modern design and a couple stories tall like epicentre without the rebar sticking out the top. Not too tall as to obstruct the skyline view from the stadium but tall enough to mask most of that parking deck behind it...

Or another spectrum project...

Kidding.

It would definitely be nice to see, even a 2 story complex. Think about how many bars and restaurants could fit on that plot. Or even an complete outdoor area like Fourth Street Live in Louisville. How great would that be?? All wishful thinking I am sure, they will probably waste that land, or take their sweet sweet time doing anything with it.

even an complete outdoor area like Fourth Street Live in Louisville. How great would that be??

Ehh...not a big fan of Fourth Street Live in Louisville personally. There is also a "Live" development in Baltimore (2 actually), Indianapolis, Daytona Beach, and Norfolk. Pretty much the same thing as the Epicentre here. They all seem very cookie-cutter and corporate to me. I would much rather see an entertainment area that reflects more of a local flair.

• Like 1

^ LA Live is also crappy.

After 25+ years of study I have definitively determined that drinking in any structure built after 1979 damages your soul (sports facilities and hotel bars execpted).

Edited by kermit

Ehh...not a big fan of Fourth Street Live in Louisville personally. There is also a "Live" development in Baltimore (2 actually), Indianapolis, Daytona Beach, and Norfolk. Pretty much the same thing as the Epicentre here. They all seem very cookie-cutter and corporate to me. I would much rather see an entertainment area that reflects more of a local flair.

I will be honest, I have never been to Fourth Street Live....it just looks really awesome in pictures. I just want a Gordon Biersch and Makers Mark Bourbon House & Lounge haha.

To add to that, One thing uptown lacks is outdoor drinking areas. I can't think of another city with less. Sure there are a few patios (connellys, ale house, suite, bubble, fitzgeralds) but none of them are extensive or have a bar outside (with the exception of bubble). That plot of land would be a great opportunity for something like a beer garden or something else outside!

Edited by Jayvee

I will be honest, I have never been to Fourth Street Live....it just looks really awesome in pictures. I just want a Gordon Biersch and Makers Mark Bourbon House & Lounge haha.

To add to that, One thing uptown lacks is outdoor drinking areas. I can't think of another city with less. Sure there are a few patios (connellys, ale house, suite, bubble, fitzgeralds) but none of them are extensive or have a bar outside (with the exception of bubble). That plot of land would be a great opportunity for something like a beer garden or something else outside!

I think a beer garden would be a tremendous waste of space in this area. We need more residential density in this area, and all of uptown. If we keep taking up large tracts of land and putting in entertainment / commercial and no residential, Uptown will never be anything more than a destination. I want to see it become a self sustaining community. We need a lot more residential density for that to happen.

I want street activity throughout the week. Right now its a dead zone (except around Epicenter and some parts of Tryon) on week nights and Sundays. The only thing that will change that is more people calling uptown home.

• Like 1