Charlotte Knights AAA Ballpark in Third Ward

dubone

Given the direction that screen will be facing, I weep for those planning on moving into the Childress Klein tower or even possibly for those at Catalyst.  I mean, sure they'll have free tickets to every game from their balconies; but at the same time they'll have a giant, blaring video screen illuminating their living rooms at night.  Kinda takes away from the cool view of the park they'll have.  If the orientation were facing away from uptown I feel would completely different about this. Then again, they'll have field lights too, so the screen will be the least of their worries.

I can't imagine the video screen projecting light will be a problem for residents since its made to be looked at.  I agree the field lights might be an issue. I'm not sure I would be a fan of the scoreboard being in right field either, due to the view of the backside from Bearden.

The new home of the Knights will also feature a dazzling 14-by-35 foot LED exterior video display, an 8-by-120 foot LED ribbon board display along the right field wall, two 3-by 32.5-foot fascia ribbon LED displays along the upper level façade on both sides of the stadium, and an LED video ribbon board measuring 2.5- by 42.75 feet within BB&T Ballpark’s five-section ticket plaza.

More info on the other media displays from Ballpark Digest: http://www.ballparkdigest.com/201310096694/minor-league-baseball/news/new-knights-ballpark-to-feature-widest-videoboard-in-milb

The CBJ has some additional information as well...Besides the 30x82 ft Video board already mentioned, there will also be the following from Toshiba: 14x35 exterior video board (I assume that's the one in Lights post above), 8x120 ft ribbon board in right field, two 3x32 ft ribbon banners in the upper facade (ribbon boards are for ads) and 100-140 HDTVs throughout the stadium. That's a lot video! This may have been mentioned already but all the club seats have sold out, all the suites except for 1/3 of one suite and they have sold about 40% of their season ticket goal (still a long ways to go until April 2014). 

One more tidbit: The seat installation, light testing and playing field installation will begin month (perfect grass growing weather now). Guess we'll need someone to take some pics soon!

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/queen_city_agenda/2013/10/now-pitching-for-the-charlotte.html?page=all

What is the seating capacity vs. the current Knights stadium? I went to my first (and last obviously) game there in their last week, and it seems like their seating went up much farther, but wrapped around less. The overall impression was of more seating than I'm seeing at the new stadium, but that can't be right can it? 

Capacity at the new stadium is 10,000, which I think is roughly about the same, maybe a bit less than the one in Fort Mill. As you mentioned, the seating stretches out more in the new stadium so it might appear a little deceiving. 

What is the seating capacity vs. the current Knights stadium? I went to my first (and last obviously) game there in their last week, and it seems like their seating went up much farther, but wrapped around less. The overall impression was of more seating than I'm seeing at the new stadium, but that can't be right can it? 

10,000 is the capacity of BB&T, 10,002 is the listed capacity of the old knights stadium.

I could have sworn I remember mention of the possibility of extending those left field seats up and over the walkway, but it doesn't seem like that could add more than maybe 500 seats...

398a8bc2e3f7f879ff0986359513be80_XL.jpg

Early renderings had extra room down the third base line for second teir seating.  I think there is actually a storage building there now...