Charlotte Knights AAA Ballpark in Third Ward

dubone

It's got a lot of problems but I'm usually braced for these kind of logos to come out a lot worse. I was under the impression that we were going to see a refreshed Knights logo though, not just the ballpark's logo?

The announcement was specifically for the ballpark logo. It was misstated on here.

That's BS, it was outdated when we won 45 games and made the playoffs a few years back.

And that's my main issue with "skyline" logos.  They look cool for a couple years, then just look horridly outdated.  It's not like they are going to go back and add new buildings.  What if this Crescent project really is transformative and defines our skyline for the 2010's.  And is completely missing from this logo.

Again, it's not the end of the world, I'd just prefer something more classic that won't look dated by 2016.

I think it's bland as all hell and says nothing about Charlotte - looks more like someone giving the middle finger than the skyline .

Looks like something a rent-a-security guard uniform would have sewn on the side shoulder sleeve. 

Edited by Urbanity

That's BS, it was outdated when we won 45 games and made the playoffs a few years back.

This is my last post on this since we've gotten way off topic, but is it really THAT big of a deal? At the rate Charlotte was putting up new buildings at the time, it was outdated in a few years. Perhaps they should just stick with something that highlights the signature towers like BB&T's logo or just do nothing at all that references it. 

Was looking through the Knights UMUD Rezoning for their signage and noticed this great spot for a Brewery that would seemingly serve both the general public on days when the park is closed and the baseball fans during games. I had not seen it in previous renderings so I thought I'd share.
ScreenShot2013-03-25at123610AM_zpsf93ae6

CBJ just linked this nice PDF

http://charmeck.org/city/charlotte/CityClerk/CouncilRelated/Documents/Agenda%20Attachments/2013/03_25_2013%20Bus%20mtg/02%202013_03_25_.pdf

Looks like signage could be a little loud, hopefully the ads aren't too tacky. It could be nice if there's some level of conformity.

Edited by MilZ

CBJ just linked this nice PDF

http://charmeck.org/city/charlotte/CityClerk/CouncilRelated/Documents/Agenda%20Attachments/2013/03_25_2013%20Bus%20mtg/02%202013_03_25_.pdf

Looks like signage could be a little loud, hopefully the ads aren't too tacky. It could be nice if there's some level of conformity.

Interesting on page 27 it shows a street between the stadium grounds and the proposed hotel/office complex.