3rd Ward Midrise Projects

UrbanCharlotte

Spoke with a Novare employee on Sunday. They said that Twelve and the redevelopment of the opposite side of the park (Angry Ale's/Picasso's) would be a long time out--a couple of years, probably. The poor performance of other markets has everybody skittish right now. They are still bullish on Charlotte, but (I'm inferring here) have gotten burned in other cities.

Forgot to mention: About a week ago, they put a sign up in the corner of the lot at 1st and Church, facing Church St traffic, for the office building. In addition to the sq ft and the standard rendering, it says "August 2009". Not that that means anything, but at least it says a date.

Edited by grodney

No surprise on the delay for the TWELVE hotel, I have been going to the Novare Group

website for months now and clicking on the TWELVE Charlotte project.....only to get

the repetitive grayed out and not so promising disclaimer...."rendering to come".

I just hope we get the new 3rd ward parks developed sooner.....perhaps it will create

the type of landscape that will attract "Center CityFest" type concerts to once again

take place! Sort of like a "Millenium Park" in Chi-town.

Here's a small update for what to expect in the coming months:

In about a week - 2 weeks, the parking garage will begin pouring and going vertical

Construction on the office tower, 440 S. Church will begin construction May to June 2008.

Still no word on TWELVE, I'd imagine that this will be the last project to begin as further analysis on the housing, renting, and hotel markets are evaluated in the coming months before things are put in concrete, no pun intended.

Edited by Andyc545

The Catalyst tower crane closet to Church Street was elevated today.

There were also folks working on the Catalyst exterior facing MLK.

I don't remember how far along Avenue was before the sales center opened, but this project seems to be zooming along with still no hint as to what floorplans will look like.

Inquiring minds want to know!

Novare does NOT mess around.

Two condo towers faster than either the Vue or 210 can get vertical.

Damn.

Yeah- unfortunatly I didn't get to watch Avenue the whole way through, so this is really the first detailed moment that I get to see Novare in action. It's hard to believe. It was just a few months ago that I was taking pictures of the site completely just dirt.... now we are looking at hundreds of peoples homes.

Catalyst should really make the best impact when viewed from Morehead or Brookshire, as there is no tower filling the view corridor on the west side of Church, except Duke....This should fill the gap nicely between Carillon and and Avenue.

Yes it will. I actually like the Graham 3rd St view the best.

It's too bad Novare wasn't responsible for TTT or the Vue. They'd both be done by now.

I agree, if Novare had TTT or the Vue it would be done faster, however the design would look too similar with their other projects.

Note, too, the 'yellow' going up on the sides of Catalyst. They are already skinning the lower levels of the building as they are still forming the upper part.

I'm glad they are doing the work efficiently by working on those floors like that while they are doing the upper floors. But I was quite disappointed to see that they are obviously doing EIFS there in constrast to Avenue where they used more glass and concrete. It doesn't ruin the building, but it sure takes it way off the halo status for me.