3rd Ward Midrise Projects

UrbanCharlotte

^If I look at this correctly, did they really add another floor between 1/1 and 1/6 per what SentioVenia has in his picture? That is just mindboggling...

U better Believe it brother. At the current rate this puppy should be topped out in May! By then we should see the office tower, and parking deck vertical a ways as well, plus prep work will have started for Twelve Hotel and Residences.

^If I look at this correctly, did they really add another floor between 1/1 and 1/6 per what SentioVenia has in his picture? That is just mindboggling...

I see this building clearly from my balcony and they add at least one floor per week, if not a floor and a bit more for the next. They are doing site work around it as well. I have to say I'm pretty happy at their scheduling and concern for their neigbors (likely by law not just from kindness) as well -- they quite often work at night, but not on the really loud stuff. They work forms for concrete, we can hear some hammering, and other work that isn't the big heavy stuff they do during the day.

A floor per week---that's quite impressive. Novare is obviously doing well in Charlotte, as the Avenue has essentially sold out. Catalyst sales office should open soon, yes?

I keep trying to visualize a topped-out Catalyst from the I-77 perspective. It should visually pop from that angle!

Yes, the concrete ceilings and pillars are a Novare standard. Hopefully, after the disaster with the Avenue ceilings, they will not use plywood forms for the floor plates. I haven't gotten a good look at the Catalyst forms but hopefully they would take a page out of R. J. Griffin's punch lists and not make the same mistake over again. Every contractor I know always looks through past projects before they start new ones to see what can be done differently the next time around to avoid previous known problems.

I stayed at TWELVE Atlantic Station not too long ago and they had the same ceiling finishes as Avenue. In fact, there was still some chalk on the ceiling and you could see where all the plywood was laid. This is a standard for Novare, as said before, and I think they will continue to do it. It doesn't look bad, as long as you don't have those crevices that we have seen from photos of Avenue.

I wonder when the construction cam will go up for this project. You'd think it would be up by now seeing how far along they are on this project already. We're missing some of the key progress here. I would think that they would just snag the one from Avenue, which had it's subscription canceled on Dec 13. I'd love to see the progress on this site- especially day-to-day given the amounts of change that so frequently take place.

I wonder when the construction cam will go up for this project. You'd think it would be up by now seeing how far along they are on this project already. We're missing some of the key progress here. I would think that they would just snag the one from Avenue, which had it's subscription canceled on Dec 13. I'd love to see the progress on this site- especially day-to-day given the amounts of change that so frequently take place.

I suppose they can hook up the webcam on the other side of the Carillon building and hit the zoom button.

So I ran accross an ad for the office tower in the CBJ, and it seems it will be called 440 S Church, and there was an updated more vibrant rendering of the entire complex, I will try to scan it.

I realize this is similar to a rendering already on here, but this is a more complete rendering, you can see what twelve should look like in the end on here too. I fixed the colors to make it not look like it was printed on newsprint.

novare.jpg

Edited by 83alphaunder

thanks for posting.

Does anyone remember how many parking levels there were going to be? I specifically remember 4 or 5, but in the CBJ ad, it looks more like 8 or 9.

It is supposed to be between 8 and 10 floors. Its supposed to be a very large parking deck 400-500k sq feet total. Keep in mind this parking deck is supposed to support nearly 800 condos, 150 hotel rooms, and 365k of office, plus a park, a grocery store and 30k of retail.

Edited by 83alphaunder

The building permit for the parking deck on this site just got approved. In case you were wondering it will be 8 levels and 478,000 sq ft..yes that is right...478,000 sq ft just for the parking deck.

Posted this back in October,,,but since peope were asking again thought I would repost the info on the parking deck.