3rd Ward Midrise Projects

UrbanCharlotte

Before the paper went up you could see inside to what appeared to be a nearly complete couple model kitchens and other finishes. I think they put this up to hide what is already done!
Where is the Catalyst sales office going to be? I seem to remember hearing it was going to be in the building that Picasso's is in, but never heard that for sure.

Where is the Catalyst sales office going to be? I seem to remember hearing it was going to be in the building that Picasso's is in, but never heard that for sure.

You are correct. Right beside Picasso's. They have signs completely covering the windows so you can not see the work going on inside if it's started. The sign says prices start in the 180's fyi. Those won't last a NY minute once they go on sale.

Once the Novare inventory is sold down some more at Avenue, the Catalyst units will be released for sale.

This is what they are waiting for. They say they will hopefully open the Catalyst sales center in May, but they are waiting to clear out their last few units at Avenue. For those looking, they are willing to do some great deals at Avenue - a friend just got one under contract at a steal.

Catalyst won't be rentals based on what their folks say as well as what they are in the business of -- building and SELLING. They do retain the commercial spaces, manage their own projects, and keep the leftover parking spaces as retained cash-flow property.

Personally I think they are quite smart if what they are doing with Catalyst -- there is plenty of talk about the building as people watch it rise daily, with that there is quite a buzz about the fact that they aren't selling and questions about what their pricing will be. I would imagine their sales will be brisk when they finally let people buy. They have quite effectively eliminated the concern people have about projects being announced then delayed over and over again.

Personally I think they are quite smart if what they are doing with Catalyst -- there is plenty of talk about the building as people watch it rise daily, with that there is quite a buzz about the fact that they aren't selling and questions about what their pricing will be. I would imagine their sales will be brisk when they finally let people buy. They have quite effectively eliminated the concern people have about projects being announced then delayed over and over again.

I completely agree. The rental possibility was mentioned to me today by someone with ties to Novare. I thought this was nuts since I'm expecting Catalyst to sell as well as the Avenue did but I thought I would consult the UP anyway.

I completely agree. The rental possibility was mentioned to me today by someone with ties to Novare. I thought this was nuts since I'm expecting Catalyst to sell as well as the Avenue did but I thought I would consult the UP anyway.

Well, maybe they will. I wouldn't think this was a bad thing if they did. We can always use more rentals inside the loop. Did they indicate to you that it would be 100% one way or another or perhaps a mix of rental and sale?

That angle is a pretty cool way to see this project. They are building the 20th floor of Catalyst now, which understandably is just lower than the 19th floor of an office tower.

I hope that the prefab deck will have some facade element to it. I really would hate to see that looking like the crappy older decks along South Church.

That angle is a pretty cool way to see this project. They are building the 20th floor of Catalyst now, which understandably is just lower than the 19th floor of an office tower.

I hope that the prefab deck will have some facade element to it. I really would hate to see that looking like the crappy older decks along South Church.

If that's just below the 19th floor of an office tower, I would assume we can expect the 17 story office tower for this project to be just slightly less than where Catalyst is now?