3rd Ward Midrise Projects

UrbanCharlotte

I'm glad they are doing the work efficiently by working on those floors like that while they are doing the upper floors. But I was quite disappointed to see that they are obviously doing EIFS there in constrast to Avenue where they used more glass and concrete. It doesn't ruin the building, but it sure takes it way off the halo status for me.

I guess everyone loves a plastic and styrofoam building!

Can someone get a skyline shot. I have yet to see the impact of this building from a distance...thanks

Sadly it hasn't really made much of an impact yet. The only direction you can really get a good view of this building is from 277 or 77S from around the Morehead Exit. Thanks to the Duke Energy Building you can only see it for a split second from 277.

Even late on a Sunday afternoon there were still construction workers going to town on this thing. That is dedication. I can't remember another construction project downtown where they worked on it 7 days a week at all hours of the day. Even the Wachovia project is usually empty on a Sunday.

Even late on a Sunday afternoon there were still construction workers going to town on this thing. That is dedication. I can't remember another construction project downtown where they worked on it 7 days a week at all hours of the day. Even the Wachovia project is usually empty on a Sunday.

I saw those guys yesterday too. There were also a couple over at the NHOF working yesterday.

I suggest that everyone watches the time lapse feature and keep in mind it has just been a little over a month and a half of webcamming. It looks as if it could qualify as a feature on an energizer battery commercial or a state-funded anti-drug commercial.

http://oxblue.com/pro/open/?webPath=novare/catalyst

They also raised the second crane on Sunday.

Any guesses on the a. number of units in Catalyst b. The ratio of 2br's to 1br's? Also do you think Novare has considered making this a rental highrise? Seems to me that there'd be a lot of demand uptown for such a project. (and that fact that by my very rough estimations it could potentially be close to as profitable as a condo highrise in the longrun). Thanks for your feedback.

Any guesses on the a. number of units in Catalyst b. The ratio of 2br's to 1br's? Also do you think Novare has considered making this a rental highrise? Seems to me that there'd be a lot of demand uptown for such a project. (and that fact that by my very rough estimations it could potentially be close to as profitable as a condo highrise in the longrun). Thanks for your feedback.

I don't think they have any plans or needs to make this a rental, they aren't in the rental business, BUT I was told a couple of years ago when discussing Avenue with a Novare that because they built smaller units if they ever needed to they could convert to rental easily -- they don't have lots of big penthouses and custom units.

Drove by Catalyst this morning, the have some panels of the curtain wall (Glass) up already on what looked like the 3rd or 4th floor along MLK blvd... I know Novare is in charge, but good developer or not, the contractor can make or break a schedule. Bovis really runs a tight ship.

Drove by Catalyst this morning, the have some panels of the curtain wall (Glass) up already on what looked like the 3rd or 4th floor along MLK blvd... I know Novare is in charge, but good developer or not, the contractor can make or break a schedule. Bovis really runs a tight ship.

Novare is a great developer but as you said, Bovis is the ones responsible for setting and meeting their own drop dead dates.

I noticed when I was walking Uptown on Saturday that the Catalyst sales office has been wallpapered up, which I assume to mean that they are preparing the model. Anyone have any idea when they might finish the sales office?

Before the paper went up you could see inside to what appeared to be a nearly complete couple model kitchens and other finishes. I think they put this up to hide what is already done!