Richmond in Pictures III

mclawsdrive

Some interesting rooflines in that photo, Coupe. Most, of course, are flat but the nice tiered top on the old CP Tel (soon Verizon) building looks good, and in the distance we can see the rounded top of Theatre Row.

Mayor Wilder thinks city-owned Theatre Row should be emptied of city agencies to make space available for attorneys' offices across Broad from the new Fed CH.

I think Tommy has reached the age where he is finding other interests to indulge his time. I miss his intelligent comments as well as his pix.

Some interesting rooflines in that photo, Coupe. Most, of course, are flat but the nice tiered top on the old CP Tel (soon Verizon) building looks good, and in the distance we can see the rounded top of Theatre Row.

Mayor Wilder thinks city-owned Theatre Row should be emptied of city agencies to make space available for attorneys' offices across Broad from the new Fed CH.

I think Tommy has reached the age where he is finding other interests to indulge his time. I miss his intelligent comments as well as his pix.

Been in way over my head in work. I'm setting up a new photobucket account..just have to finish editing the pictures from Richmond and the beach. Should be up this weekend, I promise.

I have about 1000 pics for Fulton... it's a little over 1000, that were taken this weekend, two weekends before, and some from 2005. I still have one section of Fulton Hill left to do and later Montrose Heights. My aunt and mother think I'll get shot over there. I've never had a problem with the people down there. Hardly anything is featured on the news from there.

• 4 weeks later...

I have just had the extraordinary pleasure of reviewing Tommy's set posted on 10/06; vdogg's on 10/12; CommRe's on 10/14 and today's post by source.

Tommy has captured the Canal Basin area perfectly, shooting from hidden locations not heretofore utilized. His pictures are lively and artistic at the same time.

Vdogg's set gives a big-city look to the streetscapes. Incidentally, in his 10th picture, the building shown is where the birth of Shockoe Slip's entertainment district began. The original Sam Miller's Restaurant was established in this former Trading floor about 35 years ago and was the start of the area's revival.

CommRe's bicycle photography reveals some hidden treasures, such as the drainage pipe and the opening in the flood wall to Norfolk Southern's James River bridge.

And source records the transformation and expansion of a building on West Cary Street in a section of the City that is improving by the month.

Many thanks to all of you. They are a treasure to look at again and again.

Edited by burt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...