Richmond in Pictures III

mclawsdrive

I'd have to say the big wigs were smoking something because they became paranoid and became concerned because people were taking pictures... so... a new building... new lights... changing lights... not gonna attract some attention?

I have been trying to find time to upload a ton of pics from as far back as May. I have a long way to go... so when it's all done, look out for a ton of pictures... and I got a new tax-free camera for the the same amount the first one cost in 2004 minus its taxes. I won't be taking any pics with it until it cools down.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhhh! A beautiful city that is lived-in and enjoyed. Streets bustling with activity -- just the way I like to see it.

Where was the last picture taken? I can't identify it, though that looks like the State Library in the background..

Wait a minute, I think I've got it! This is a view from St. Peter's church parking lot on Grace between 8th and 9th, isn't it? :)

Edited by burt

I think I saw you taking pictures last week standing beside the new StickyRice ToGoGo cart across from the James Center. Do you have blondish hair?

Yep, he's blonde. Only met him once but that's why I thought it was he I saw among the pictures in the Toads thread of the Buddy Guy concert. Bet you a quarter it WAS Coupe at the James Center snapping some of these pix.

Haha actually my hair is darker and I took these today. :thumbsup: I would like to check out Sticky Rice's "Togogo on the gogo" though.

Looking forward to my quarter :lol:

That last photo was of demo at the Murphy... The 2nd to last one shows how they've started to remove the Miller and Rhoads signs. Hope they go back somewhere!

Great shots Coupe! I love that Miller and Roads is bustling with work! The Capitol is beautiful (I really miss home) and people were everywhere! I know burt really likes to see that! Now if we can get the city bustling like that at night too! Thanks so much Coupe for taking some pics for us! They were the highlight of my day!

You moved to Ca? The world doesn't stay still out there! Come back here where it's safe!

You can go downtown during the work day and find tons of people. The night time crowd can't be too far off.

I wish I could move back, but the government has "Property of the US Government" stamped on my forehead. So, I go where they tell me to go right now. Perhaps my next assignment will bring me back to Virginia. It's very possible that I could end up in Northern Virginia (not sure if I want to live there, but I'd be a heck of a lot closer to home than I am now!). Luckily where I am in California, it's rural...for the most part. I'm only one hour and a half from the northern part of Los Angeles. Generally, people don't venture too far north of LA unless they want to get a taste of wine country up here. The movie Sideways (which, I couldn't stand, BTW) was filmed up here and depicts the wine country up here. Anyway, one day I'll get get back home. :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

I have uploaded hundreds of pics... I guess I'll start with last weekend... I was testing the new camera. There are still some settings I have to get used to... some pics the blue sky went away and the pics seem overexposed. I'm sorry for that.

8/18/07 My main focus that day was the skyline.

100_0004.jpg

100_0006.jpg

100_0007.jpg

100_0008.jpg

100_0010.jpg

100_0012.jpg

100_0013.jpg

100_0014.jpg

100_0015.jpg

100_0018.jpg

100_0021.jpg

100_0027.jpg