Richmond in Pictures III

mclawsdrive

Burned out building being demolished on Chamberlain Pkwy

DSCF5928.jpg

You should see it now. I thought they were demolishing it, instead they completely rehabbed it. And they say they can't save old buildings... burned out old buildings, yes... old and historic ones, no.

That pic was from 9/2/06.

7/14/07

DSCF1372.jpg

Edited by Cadeho

That's a shot I have been begging everyone to snap. With a little photo-bucketing and retouching, it could become a great wallpaper for a computer. Fearless Cam bucked two-way traffic to give us this view from Chamberlayne Avenue.

Speaking of wallpaper, I have borrowed one of Ryan Ramsey's RCW pictures for my computer. It is an incredible night time shot of the skyline with Main Street Station in the foreground. Check it out among his August thumbnail gallery. It's the first picture on Page 9. Fabulous!! Several visitors to my apartment have gasped with amazment and said variations of "THAT'S Richmond?!!!!!"

When fall comes, I'm going to start Manchester... like I had intended last year. And in the winter, Church Hill (less hoodlums out) in the cold. Tommy, there are a lot of spots that offer good views... I wish it were a city project to offer observation decks of the skyline in several locations around the city.

When fall comes, I'm going to start Manchester... like I had intended last year. And in the winter, Church Hill (less hoodlums out) in the cold. Tommy, there are a lot of spots that offer good views... I wish it were a city project to offer observation decks of the skyline in several locations around the city.

That would make too much sense to have viewing points... ;)

So you're moving to Richmond! Forsake the VB rdogg!!!

No, I'm staying in the area though I may move to Portsmouth or Ghent. I'm finally leaving VDOT after 5 years for a job with Dominion Power. Their human resources office is in Richmond and I have to go up and meet some people and sign some paperwork, etc. I will primarily be based out of Portsmouth, though I'm not sure which city in HR will be my area of responsibility yet. I'm hoping i'll have enough time to kill after the meetings to take some pics though. :thumbsup:

Congratulations on your new position with Dominion Resources, vdogg.

While you're there touring, as Coupe suggests, their neat trading floor, ask them when they are going to bring their employes downtown from Innsbrook. :ph34r: We'll put you to work as our spy.

If your job is going to be in Portsmouth and your home in Ghent, you'll be able to take a ferry to work.

If there is a show at Toads Place next Tuesday, maybe you'd like to check it out.

I just checked and there's nothing at Toads on Tuesday, but if you're spending thre Labor Day weekend up here, Lamb of God is performing there Sunday.

Edited by burt

It looks like a nice day out... I've been inside all day watching the nest tv show in recent history, Heroes. I want to go out and take pictures, but I don't have a plan. I don't have any ideas... other than one last hurrah of summer along the river tomorrow... but today?

• 2 weeks later...

If I get a chance, I'll try and upload a few pictures I took from today..the canal walk was PACKED. Burt, you'll be happy to hear there was a half hour wait for the boat tours :)

If I don't get a chance this weekend, they'll have to wait till next..sorry.

Do you mean we'll have to wait 'til NEXT weekend, Tommy? I'm really anxious to see the pix.

• 3 weeks later...