Richmond in Pictures III

mclawsdrive

.Extraordinary, Cam!!!!

The contrasts of architectural styles, close-up detail work on buildings, as well as the symmetry in some of the pictures combine to put these sets of photos at the very top tier.

I loved shots of the Capitol. You're the first on this forum to provide views of the "tunnel's" interior. It's much grander than I expected. But, a sidenote: what are those dark "things" embedded in the entry walls?

Houdon's statue of Washington under the dome has never looked better and more professionaly photographed.

Many, many thanks.

Now, I'm going back to savor them again

PS: It is with profound sorrow that I note the State, like the City, does not believe in flowing fountains. See pictures #3 and #13 in the second set. :angry:

Edited by burt

Thanks guys. I didn't even expect to go inside... the times on the door said the building was closed, but a guard invited me in!

The dark spots on the addition's exterior? I think they want vines or ivy to grow from them.

I don't know what's wrong with that fountain. The other one was working.

I had originally included it with the rest, but for some reason, the first time I tried to post, it erased all the pics.

DSCF9735.jpg

DSCF9737.jpg

Guys you will expect to see my pics on Monday since I am out of school and my dad is staying home. Right now I don't want to fight all those people to get to Rocketts Landing with the Rock the Boat thing going on this weekend so I'm gonna wait till monday to go picture taking and since Rocketts Landing was one of my priorities.

CAM I knoe how much you might hate hearing this but I'm not going that way for Rock the Boat I'm going down there to take Pics of Rocketts Landing and i'm not fighting all those people for Rock the Boat. I mean I would love to go to Rock the Boat but my weekend is already filled up right now. Today I had to go get a haircut cut the grass and go a few places to pick up stuff. Tomorrow I'm going to a Graduation Party for a friend of mine and Monday is really the only day Im gonna be able to do it if my mom doesn't come up with something else I have to do. But you can most likely guranteed pictures on Monday afternoon once I return from Downtown.

I was saying to go to the festival. You only turn 400 once and those ships as far as I know, are not coming back. You had set aside time to take pictures, I was saying, at least attend instead. But... you missed the boat! ...s... :lol:

I went for a drive today along route 5 and turned around about 45 miles from Richmond in James City County. On the return trip I took pics and made a couple stops. I stopped at Rocketts to see the new obelisk. I swear, the design of it would make a great building in our skyline. My first sketch up building was supposed to be an obelisk building. I think it can still be done.

I'm not going to steal your thunder Joey, I'll post afterward.

yeah sorry guys I had to wait till the Storm was over last night before I could upload them but I will be uploading my first batch of them as soon as I copy the URL's from Photobucket so I am back and ready to post pics. Eandslee I know man my parents aren't with technology or in other words they don't like it. But we are getting Cavalier DSL Soon. So it should be good soon.

I have more uploading to do so thats not totally it yet.

It was well worth the wait, Joey. Nice pix. You really got some good ones at Rocketts as well.

I see the new building at MCV next to Memorial Church on Broad Street is not yet out of the ground.

And it's hard to tell that work is going on at M&R Hilton; it must all be interior demolition.

Did you get a shot of The National?