Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

6 hours ago, fishsticks176 said:

I wish they hadn't removed all the chairs and tables from the 5/3 plaza! I used to grab a bite from the market across the street and eat there. It was such a great little respite downtown. 

Was that before the plaza remodel? What was it like before?

Edited by NashvilleObserver

57 minutes ago, bigeasy said:

Yeah I love cycling to that spot and using it as a break. That must be quite the zoom lens or a cropped photo because that is not what that view looks like to the naked eye.

I think it looks exactly like it should. No current buildings on the right yet in 1940 :) . Except for St. Mary of the Seven Sorrows. 

It is one of the State data centers, and yes it does predate the park.  I used to work in that building.  Great location for an afternoon walk around the park.

Ironically, (since you said it belongs in Smyrna), there is a State data center in Smyrna.

Edited by Griz83
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, Griz83 said:

It is one of the State data centers, and yes it does predate the park.  I used to work in that building.  Great location for an afternoon walk around the park.

Ironically, (since you said it belongs in Smyrna), there is a State data center in Smyrna.

Thanks to my Brother who pushed for the relocation and succeeded.  That building is in a flood plain which is not good for all the servers taking care of the State's business.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, PHofKS said:

Thanks to my Brother who pushed for the relocation and succeeded.  That building is in a flood plain which is not good for all the servers taking care of the State's business.

Does that mean the State is abandoning that bldg? I sure hope so; it is buttugly and I had hoped the State Museum would replace it.

• Like 3