Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

I was looking at a few zoomed in aerials of the riverfront the other day, and really got to thinking that that parking circle at the end of Broadway next to the Music City Star station is just CRYING OUT for a large iconic sculpture of some kind that could be lit up and seen from many blocks away down the street.  Those nondescript nautical themed flags they have there now are *SO* 80's that I swear I can hear Cyndi Lauper singing every time I see them blowing in the wind.  

EDIT:  I see on google street view that at least as of July, they now have American flags flying there with some simple but nice landscaping.  While that is an improvement, it still seems like an underutilized spot.  

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BnaBreaker said:

I was looking at a few zoomed in aerials of the riverfront the other day, and really got to thinking that that parking circle at the end of Broadway next to the Music City Star station is just CRYING OUT for a large iconic sculpture of some kind that could be lit up and seen from many blocks away down the street.  Those nondescript nautical themed flags they have there now are *SO* 80's that I swear I can hear Cyndi Lauper singing every time I see them blowing in the wind.  

EDIT:  I see on google street view that at least as of July, they now have American flags flying there with some simple but nice landscaping.  While that is an improvement, it still seems like an underutilized spot.  

When you’re looking down Broadway towards first avenue the big twisted rollercoaster tracks thing across the river is very visible, and from certain vantage points looks like it’s on the west side of the river. Maybe the city wants that to be visible and doesn’t want to block the view? I personally would love that spot to have a large pedestal with a statue of Athena or Johnny Cash (ha) on top, or something of that sort. Reuse the rollercoaster track thing when they build the Polercoaster on the same spot ;) :rofl:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Or a great spot for a carousel. Hmmmm ... I wonder where we could find a carousel ...

Also, as noted, anything placed there would block the view of the Ghost Ballet

• Like 3

12 hours ago, LA_TN said:

Or a great spot for a carousel. Hmmmm ... I wonder where we could find a carousel ...

Also, as noted, anything placed there would block the view of the Ghost Ballet

Funny you bring up the carousel. I posted an article from the Tennessean in the Bits and Pieces thread regarding trying to bring it back. Of course money is the issue. 

• Like 2